Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Rajnath Singh inaugurates 10 days long Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav – 2016.
The celebrated festival will continue to connect people with India’s rich culture till 24th October, 2016.
2. PM Narendra Modi unveiled the war memorial ‘Shaurya Smarak’ in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
The ‘Shaurya Smarak‘ was constructed by the state government in honor of those who laid down their lives for the country.
3. The mines ministry came out with mining surveillance system (MSS), a panIndia surveillance network using latest satellite technology, to check illegal mining.
International – Across the Globe:
1. China has successfully launched longest-ever manned mission by taking two astronauts Jing Haipeng (50) and Chen Dong (37) into the orbit.
1. Brazil has lifted the 1st BRICS U-17 Football Tournament 2016 held in Goa.
In the Finals they defeated South Africa 5-1.
2. Indian Cricket Team has become the first team to play 900 ODIs.
3. Sourabh Varma clinched the men’s singles title at the Chinese Taipei Open after defeating Malaysia’s Daren Liew in the summit clash of the $55,000 Grand Prix tournament in Taipei.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad, an Indian scientist with the Department of Packaging, has been awarded the prestigious IAFP Young scientist scholarship award.
He has researched on “development of novel oxygen absorbing package in the field of active packaging for oxygen sensitive food products”.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Valvoline Cummins India has signed up India Test captain Virat Kohli as its ambassador.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. According to the data released by the RBI, India’ banking system reported total deposits of INR 100 lakh crore for the first time ever in September month of this year.
2. Infosys has lost the fifth spot to ONGC.
Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd (ONGC) beat India’s second largest software exporter Infosys Ltd to become the fifth most valuable company in India by market capitalization.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The eighth BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) summit was held from 15 to 16 October 2016 in Benaulim city of Goa, India.
1. 16th Oct: World Food Day
2. 17th October: The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images