Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India ranked 66th in Global Innovation Index by climbing 15 spots, from 81 last year, to 66.
India maintained the top spot in the Central and South Asia regions.
The rankings are released by Cornell University, INSEAD and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
2. Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL) inaugurated the Nickel, Copper and Acid Recovery Plant of Hindustan Copper Limited at Indian Copper Complex, Ghatsila in Jharkhand.
3. The Union Government has allowed online authentication using Aadhar for new mobile connections.
The Department of Telecom (DoT) has issued guidelines for Aadhaar Electronic-Know Your Customer (e-KYC).
International – Across the Globe:
1. The first South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Youth Parliamentarians Conference on `Peace and Harmony for Development’ was held in Islamabad, Pakistan.
It was to offer young Parliamentarians’ narrative as a prelude to the 19th SAARC Summit to be hosted by Pakistan in November 2016.
Science & Technology:
1. China began operating its indigenously designed bullet trains which can clock 350 kmph speed.
The China Railway Corporation announced that Train No G8041 departed from Dalian for Shenyang, the capital of northeast China’s Liaoning.
1. Prominent Punjabi writer and Jnanpith awardee Gurdial Singh passed away in Bathinda, Punjab. He was 83.
He became famous when he published the novel Marhi Da Deeva in 1964.
After Amrita Pritam, he is the second Punjabi writer to receive the Jnanpith Award.
2. Charti Lal Goel, the first speaker of the Delhi Assembly has passed away after a prolonged illness.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images