Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Himachal Pradesh 6th state to attain 100% Aadhaar coverage based on the 2015 Population.
Delhi, Telangana, Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh have already achieved full coverage.
2. Government announces new income declaration scheme ‘PM Garib Kalyan Yojana’.
Under this scheme, the persons who haven’t declared their actual incomes yet, have a chance to declare it till 31st March 2017. Those who will declare their income must pay a fine of 50 % of the unaccounted money and 25% will remain locked for 4 years.
The Government will use this money from penalty under this scheme for social schemes.
3. The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has issued the draft notification for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Pet Shop) Rules, 2016 to regulate pet shops.
The objective of these proposed new rules is to make pet shops accountable and to prevent cruelty inflicted on animals kept in such pet shops.
4. Rajasthan Government has launched Annapurna Rasoi Scheme to provide quality meal at cheap price to poor and needy on lines with Tamil Nadu Government’s Amma canteens.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Sahaj International School in Kochi will be the first residential transgender school in the country.
2. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis, ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar, UK-based scholar John Ralston Marr and Hari Katha exponent Kamala Murthy have been selected for SIES-Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswati National Eminence Award.
Each award carries a cash prize of INR 2.5 lakh, a citation, a shawl and an ornamental lamp.
3. Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) presented ‘Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016′ to Tata Sons Interim Chairman Ratan Tata in Mumbai.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Sunil Arora was appointed as the Director General and Chief Executive Officer of the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA).
2. Volkswagen group firm Audi appoints Rahil Ansari as head of the
Operations. Rahil will join the company from February 1, 2017.
3. Suzlon Energy has appointed Sanjay Baweja as its Chief Financial Officer.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) limits the Merchant Discount Rates (MDR) for debit card transactions up to INR 1,000 at 0.25% and for transactions above INR 1,000 and up to INR 2,000 at 0.5% in order to promote greater adoption of digital payment methods.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. State-owned power producer National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and aluminum producer National Aluminium Co. Ltd (NALCO) have signed MoU to establish a 2.4 giga watt (GW) Coal based power project at Gajmara, Odisha.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Lok Sabha has passed “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill – 2016″.
Reservation in vacancies in government establishments has been increased from 3% to 4% for certain persons or class of persons with benchmark disability.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Navy’s eight landing craft utility (LCU) L-58 was launched by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) in Kolkata, West Bengal.
It is the last vessel in a series of eight ships of LCU MK-IV project designed and built by GRSE for the Indian Navy.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images