Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Indian Navy’s second ocean going sailboat Tarini will be inducted at a ceremony scheduled to be held at the INS Mandovi Boat Pool.
INSV Tarini is a sloop built by M/s Aquarius Shipyard Pvt. Ltd at Divar, Goa.
The sail boat Tarini is slated to be the platform for First Indian All Women Circumnavigation of the Globe expedition of the Indian Navy.
2. Reliance Defence Limited and Dassault Aviation announced the incorporation of Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited (DRAL).
The DRAL is a joint venture between the Reliance Aerostructure Limited (RAL) and Dassault Aviation (DA).
In the DRAL, the French company Dassault Aviation will have 49 per cent shareholding, while the RAL will have 51 per cent shareholding.
3. Science Express train flagged off a seven- month journey that will cover 68 stations across the country to create climate change awareness in India.
The train named Science Express Climate Action Special with the collaborative efforts of ministries of Railways, Environment and Science and Technology.
The 16-coach train will travel to Tripura and to the north bank of the Brahmaputra for the first time.
4. To avail benefits under the Central Sector Scholarships Scheme for College and University students, Aadhar card will be mandatory for the students.
Those receiving these scholarships but who don’t have an Aadhaar card will have to apply for enrolment by 30th June 2017.
This will not be applicable in Jammu & Kashmir.
5. The two-day South Asian Speakers Summit was inaugurated by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan at Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
The speakers would discuss achieving sustainable goals, including poverty, development, environment and gender concerns in South Asia.
The summit is being organized jointly by the Indian Parliament and Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU).
Appointments & Resignations:
1. T C A Ranganathan and Sunil Mehta were appointed as Non-Official Directors in Indian Overseas Bank and Punjab National Bank respectively.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has cleared their appointment as Non-Executive Chairman in the respective banks for a period of three years.
Mehta’s appointment is subject to a condition that he needs to resign from the board of State Bank of India before joining the new post.
2. The tenure of the next chairman of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), Ajay Tyagi, will initially be for three years
The rules allow for a term of five years or up to the age of 65 for the Sebi chairman.
Some Sebi members appointed recently have been given five-year terms.
3. Eight Executive Directors (EDs) have been appointed in various public sector banks on the recommendations of Banks Board Bureau. The appointments have been made for three years.
Neelam Damodharan and Atanu Kumar Das: Bank of India.
K Swaminathan: Indian Overseas Bank
Ashok Kumar Pradhan: United Bank of India.
P Ramana Murthy: Central Bank of India
Fareed Ahmed Khan: Punjab and Sind Bank.
M K Bhattacharya: Indian Bank
S Harishankar: Allahabad Bank
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The government has increased the cash credit limit for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to 30 per cent of turnover from the existing 20 per cent.
The increment is done to encourage such ventures conduct businesses digitally.
By taking up digital transaction, the balance sheet of companies would be clean and MSMEs would get loans from banks.
2. Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd has sold a small stake to media firm Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd (BCCL) for cash and advertising space in the latter’s media properties.
BCCL made a private placement offer of about Rs260 crore to buy a warrant for Class B equity shares in Flipkart.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Thailand-based airliner Air Asia signed a MoU with the Odisha government.
The MoU is signed in connection with beginning of two-ways direct flights from Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur to Odisha capital Bhubaneswar.
The airline will begin its flight service from the Biju Patnaik International Airport by end of next month.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images