Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Ministry of Railways, Railway Board has initiated a proposal to install TRINETRA systems on locomotives.
This is for enhancing the vision of Locomotive Pilots in inclement weather.
TRI-NETRA stands for – Terrain imaging for diesel dRivers INfra-red, Enhanced opTical &Radar Assisted system.
2. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has launched the facility of virtual and digital classrooms across 32 ITIs in the state on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day.
3. Kerala started observing Ramayana month in the temples.
In Malayalam it is termed as the Ramayana Masam. The Ramayana Month starts with the commencement of Malayalam month ‘Karkidakam’.
During this month the temples and homes of the state recites Adhyatma Ramayanam Kilippattu written by medieval devotional poet Thunjath Ezhuthachan for the 30 days. Ezhuthachan is regarded as the father of Malayalam literature.
Karkkidakam (July – August) is the last month of Malayalam calendar and is considered as month of rain and scarcity (Panjamaasom).
International – Across the Globe:
1. listed Chandigarh’s Capitol Complex and Sikkim’s national park home to the world’s third highest peak Mount Khangchendzonga among its World Heritage Sites, approving all three nominations linked to India this session.
India now has 35 sites in the prestigious UNESCO list.
2. Indian Naval Ships Sahyadri, Shakti and Kirch have arrived at Port Kelang on a four day visit, as part of deployment of the Eastern Fleet to the South China Sea and Western Pacific.
SSC CGL Paper Pattern changed: Know the complete information about SSC CGL 2016 Exam
1. Vijender Singh, the boxing star from India clinched the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title at the Thyagraj Stadium, New Delhi.
To win the title he defeated former WBC European champion Kerry Hope.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Pema Khandu was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh at Raj Bhawan in Itanagar.
Governor Tataghata Roy administered the Oath of Office and Secrecy to him.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India has asked banks to exchange up to 20 pieces of soiled currency notes with a maximum value of Rs. 5,000 over the counter free of charge in an effort to improve customer service.
However, if the number of notes to be exchanged is more than 20, banks can levy service charge.
Science & Technology:
1. The Union Commerce Ministry has launched an e-marketplace portal for online purchase of goods and services by various central government ministries and departments.
It was launched by the Union Minister of State (MoS) Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi.
1. Nelson Mandela International Day was observed across the world on 18 July 2016 to honour the Nobel Peace Prize laureate Nelson Mandela (1918-2013).
The day is aimed at inspiring individuals to take action to help change the world for the better.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images