Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated three hydro-electric projects (HEPs) with a generating capacity of 1,732 MW in Himachal Pradesh.
These three hydro-electric projects are:
International – Across the Globe:
1. The five-nation group of emerging economies BRICS has agreed to set up an independent BRICS Rating Agency.
It is set to challenge western hegemony in the world of finance.
1. Four Indian wrestlers have won four medals individually including a gold medal, at the sixth edition of the TAFISA World Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Dalmiya had won gold medal in 60kg category
Luv Singh had won the silver medal in the 80 kg category
Naveen Kumar had won the bronze medal in 90 Kg category
Josil had won the bronze medal in the super heavyweight category
2. Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat retains WBC Asia welterweight title.
He defeated Australia’s Ben Kite.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Eminent writer C. Radhakrishnan was selected for the prestigious Mathrubhumi Literary Award for the year 2016.
He was selected by a panel chaired by novelist M Mukundan in recognition of his contribution to the field of literature.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior IFS officer Amandeep Singh Gill was appointed as the India’s Ambassador to the UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva.
He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of 1992 batch.
He had represented India on the UN Secretary General’s Panel on Missiles from 2007 to 2008.
2. Senior diplomat Navdeep Singh Suri was appointed Ambassador to United Arab Emirates, a major supplier of oil to India and is home to around 2.6 million-strong Indians.
He is currently serving as Indian High Commissioner in Canberra.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Essar Group sealed a $13-billion (Rs 86,100 crore) deal to sell 98% stake in its flagship 20 million tonnes per annum refinery to a consortium led by Russia’s state-owned energy giant Rosneft.
The first outlines the sale of 49% to Petrol Complex, a unit of Rosneft.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Brazil signed four Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs). The MOUs are signed in the following field:
Investment cooperation and facilitation treaty
Cattle genomics and assisted reproductive technologies
Genetic resources, agriculture, animal husbandry, natural resources and fisheries
Pharmaceutical products regulation
2. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Hungary on cooperation in the field of water management.
Science & Technology:
1. India has completed its nuclear triad by inducting the first indigenously built strategic nuclear submarine INS Arihant into service.
Now, India becomes fourth country to have a nuclear triad i.e. capable of delivering nuclear weapons by aircraft, ballistic missiles, and submarine-launched missiles.
2. Conglomerate Hinduja Group’s flagship company Ashok Leyland has unveiled country’s first 100 percent indigenously made electric bus which is non-polluting and has zero-emissions.
These buses were unveiled in lines with which aims at a 20% penetration of electric/hybrid (eco-friendly) vehicles by National Electric Mobility Plan 2020.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images