Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India has ranked 66th in the 2016 Global Innovation Index (GII).
India has jumped up by 15 spots from 81st position in 2015 GII.
The annual index was released by France-based international business school INSEAD and World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), a specialized agency of the United Nations.
2. The Maharashtra Government became the first state in the country to launch India’s first comprehensive ‘Crime Criminal Tracking Network System’ (CCTNS) in Mumbai.
3. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Kanpur has adopted five villages in Uttar Pradesh under the Namami Gange programme.
These five villages are Ramel Nagar, Khoyra Katree, Pratapur, Hari Hindpur, and Katri Ladhva Khera.
1. India’s ace shuttler Pusarla Venkata Sindhu won the silver medal in women’s singles badminton event at 2016 Rio Olympics.
Sindhu now became the first Indian woman to win the silver medal in Olympics and also the fifth woman player from India to win a medal in Olympics.
2. Freestyle wrestler Sakshi Malik won India’s first medal at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games by clinching the bronze in the 58kg category.
She created history by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win an Olympic medal.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The State Bank of India’s (SBI’s) board of directors has approved the merger of its five associate banks and Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) with itself.
These five subsidiaries are State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Travancore and Bharatiya Mahila Bank.
2. The India Post Payments Bank Limited (IPPBL) has received the Certificate of Incorporation from the Registrar of Companies, Ministry of Corporate Affairs under the Companies Act 2013.
IPPBL would be the first PSU under the Department of Posts (DoP).
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Bangladesh have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Route Permit for carrying Petroleum Goods to Tripura via Bangladesh.
The MoU was signed between Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and the Roads and Highways Department of Bangladesh in Dhaka.
Science & Technology:
1. Researchers from the Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute (CSMCRI), Bhavanagar (Gujarat) have developed photocatalyst that can completely degrade three industrial dyes in the presence of sunlight.
This photocatalyst is able to completely degrade three industrial dyes — methyl orange, methylene blue, and reactive black-5.
2. The Union Ministry of Mines has launched a web portal for Star Rating of Major Mineral Mines with an aim to promote sustainable mining.
The online portal was developed by IBM (Indian Bureau of Mining) through NISG (National Institute of Smart Government), Hyderabad.
3. The world’s largest (longest) aircraft the Airlander 10 has embarked its maiden flight at an airfield in Cardington in central England.
It is a hybrid airship made by Hybrid Air Vehicles in the United Kingdom.
4. The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has launched a mobile app that integrates various social media handles of over 170 Indian missions on a common platform.
1. The World Humanitarian Day (WHD) is observed every year on 19 August.
The day is celebrated to recognize work of humanitarian personnel and those who have lost their lives working for humanitarian causes.
2016 Theme was “One Humanity”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images