Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union AYUSH Ministry has launched ‘Swasthya Raksha Programme’ to promote health and health education in villages.
The programme was initiated through Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH), Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) and Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS).
2. The Union Government has decided to set up a single permanent Tribunal to adjudicate all inter-State river water disputes.
This single body will subsume all existing tribunals for resolving grievances of inter-State water disputes in a speedy manner.
3. The Union government has formed a high-level inter-ministerial task force to look into all the strategic aspects of Indus Water Treaty (IWT) with Pakistan.
Mandate of Task force is to take all important strategic and policy decisions.
Thus, it will be an all-powerful body which will take decisions regarding the treaty.
4. Prime Minister has laid the foundation stone of the first ever “Indian Institute of Skills” in the country at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
The Exhibition would highlight state-of-the-art vocational training practices across different sectors, and would be open for public view at the Railway Grounds, Kanpur between 19th to 22nd December 2016.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The world’s first cloned goat bearing superfine Cashmere wool was born in north China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
The goat will be raised in a base for animal husbandry research conducted by experts from agricultural universities in southwest China’s Yunnan Province and Inner Mongolia.
1. India created history by winning the FIH Junior Hockey World Cup after a gap of 15 long years with a clinical 2-1 victory against Belgium in the final.
It was also the first time that a host nation had won the tournament since its inception.
2. Atletico de Kolkata beat Kerala Blasters 4-3 in the shootout to claim their second ISL title in three years at a jam-packed Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Kochi.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Stephanie Del Valle from Puerto Rico was crowned the Miss World 2016.
Yaritza Miguelina Reyes Ramirez from Dominican Republic as first runner up.
Natasha Mannuela from Indonesia as second runner-up.
India’s Priyadarshini Chatterjee only made it to the top 20.
2. The Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation has been selected for Digital India Award instituted by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
The corporation will receive the Digital India Silver Award in the category of “Most Innovative Citizen Engagement” and also installing and implementing free WiFi Scheme in its various offices.
3. The Dharwad-headquartered Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has bagged two awards for inclusive insurance from Skoch Group for 2016.
The bank bagged the awards in life insurance and micro insurance sectors under the order of merit category.
4. Priyanka Chopra, has now made it up to the list of IMDb’s most popular celebrities’ list beating many Hollywood celebrities.
Standing at number 55, she is ahead of Hollywood’s big names like Jennifer Aniston, Emma Watson, Leonardo Di Caprio, Johnny Depp, Scarlett Johansson, and others.
Priyanka is the only Indian who’s on the list.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The government today appointed vice chief of army staff Lt. Gen Bipin Rawat as the new Army chief superseding his two senior officers.
Rawat will replace General Dalbir Singh.
2. Vice chief of air staff Air Marshal B S Dhanoa has been made the new chief of the Indian Air Force.
Dhanoa will take over from IAF chief Arup Raha.
3. Jharkhand cadre IPS officer Rajiv Jain was appointed as the new chief of Intelligence Bureau (IB).
He is at present serving as the Special Director in the IB.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. State Bank of India (SBI) has launched ‘Mobicash Mobile Wallet’ in association with state-owned telecommunications company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL).
It will provide a mobile wallet to the masses and works with smart as well as normal feature phone.
2. RBI lowers charges on debit card payments up to Rs2,000 To encourage digital transactions.
The MDR for debit card payments, including for payments made to government, will be capped at 0.25% for transactions up to Rs1,000 and 0.5% between Rs1,000-2,000.
Science & Technology:
1. The Department of Telecom (DoT) will soon launch ‘Tarang Sanchar’ portal that will let users check radiation compliance status of mobile towers and transmitters across country.
Using this portal user can also request to get a BTS tested by DoT to assess its electro-magnetic frequency (EMF) compliance level.
2. The Union Power Ministry is going to launch new mobile application GARV-II to provide real-time data of all six lakh villages of the country.
The purpose of the mobile application is to ensure transparency in implementation of rural electrification programme.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images