Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The world’s first Genetic Garden of Halophytes (naturally occurring salt-tolerant plants) was inaugurated at the coastal town of Vedaranyam in Tamil Nadu.
It will have over 1,600 species belonging to 550 genera and 117 families of Halophytes plants.
2. Jammu and Kashmir Government has launched Jhelum-Tawi flood recovery project.
It will give a push to the reconstruction and rehabilitation of infrastructure post-2014 floods in the state.
3. The Qaumi Ekta Week (National Integration Week) will be observed all over the country from 19th to 25th November 2016.
It will reinforce the spirit of Communal Harmony, National Integration and pride in vibrant, composite culture and nationhood.
November 19: National Integration Day
November 20: Welfare of Minorities Day
November 21: Linguistic Harmony Day
November 22: Weaker Sections Day
November 23: Cultural Unity Day
November 24: Women’s Day
November 25: Conservation Day
International – Across the Globe:
1. India is not inclined to automatically grant the coveted ‘Market Economy Status’ (MES) to China under World Trade Organization (WTO) norms in December 2016.
The main reason India is reluctant to grant MES to China is that it will severely curb India’s ability to impose anti-dumping duties on “unfairly priced” Chinese imports.
2. The International Conference on Brucellosis 2016 and the 69th meeting of the International Society on Brucellosis were inaugurated in New Delhi.
The three-day conference has been organized by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) in collaboration with Indian Council for Agriculture Research (ICAR).
Awards & Recognition:
1. The Infosys Science Foundation (ISF) has announced six winners of the Infosys Prize 2016 in the six different categories of the award. The Awardees are:
Engineering and Computer Science: – V. Kumaran
Humanities: – Sunil Amrith
Life Sciences: – Gagandeep Kang
Mathematical Sciences: – Akshay Venkatesh.
Physical Sciences: – Anil Bhardwaj
Social Sciences: – Kaivan Munshi
2. Iran for the first time ever has surpassed Saudi Arabia to become India’s top crude oil supplier.
It was revealed by ship tracking data and a report compiled by Thomson Reuters Oil Research and Forecasts.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Union government has appointed Jagdish Singh Khehar, a judge of the Supreme Court, as the new Executive Chairman of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA).
He succeeds Anil R. Dave who retired as Judge of Supreme Court after completing tenure of over six years.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) signed three Bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) with the Competent Authority of United Kingdom (UK) to reduce tax litigation. Benefits of the MoU are:
Boost to economy and ease of doing business.
Provide an alternative path to the investors with rollback provision to reduce litigation.
Strengthen Government’s mission of fostering a non-adversarial tax regime.
2. India and Cyprus have inked a revised Agreement for Avoidance of Double Taxation and Prevention of Fiscal evasion (DTAA) with respect to taxes on income, along with its Protocol.
It will replace the existing DTAA that was signed by two countries in June 1994.
Science & Technology:
1. Scientists have improved the photosynthesis process in the plants to produce faster-growing crops.
The breakthrough has increased the yield in the experimental crop by 15 percent. This is seen as a critical step towards increasing crop production to feed a growing global population.
2. The Indian Navy has formally inducted four types of indigenously developed sonars that will boost its underwater surveillance capability. These 4 types of sonars are:
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images