Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Ahmedabad to host African Development Bank meet next year.
2. All India Radio Launches Balochi Website, Mobile App.
3. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched the ‘Swachhta Saptah’.
4. Guided missile destroyer ‘Mormugao‘ launched in Mumbai.
International – Across the Globe:
1. China, Russia conduct joint naval exercises Joint Sea-2016 in South China Sea.
2. Scientists successfully grow three-dimensional lungs in lab using stem cells.
Scientists in the United States including those of Indian origin have successfully grown three-dimensional (3D) lungs in the lab, using stem cells.
1. Indian shooter Subhankar Pramanick wins gold at ISSF Junior World Cup in Azerbaijan.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Nadia Murad named UN Goodwill Ambassador.
A young Yazidi woman who survived trafficking and gang-rape by so-called Islamic State militants is to be appointed a UN ambassador.
2. V K Sharma gets additional charge as LIC chairman.
V K Sharma, who is currently one of the two managing directors at Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), has taken additional charge as Chairman, LIC of India.
3. Punjab National Bank appointed Virat Kohli as its new brand ambassador.
4. Alka Sirohi appointed UPSC chairman.
Former IAS officer Alka Sirohi has been appointed as chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), in place of Deepak Gupta who demits office on 20th September.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. World Bank will invest nearly 1,000 crore rupees in Assam.
2. Uber partners NSDC, Maruti to skill 1 million by 2018.
Uber has launched a new initiative in partnership with Maruti and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), for creating livelihood opportunities for one million people by 2018.
Image Courtesy: Google Images