Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has capped the prices of 24 essential drugs used for treatment of cancer, HIV, bacterial infections, anxiety and cardiac conditions.
The Drug pricing regulator National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has issued an order regarding this.
It revised ceiling prices of 24 scheduled formulations of schedule-I under Drugs (Price Control) Amendment Order, 2016.
2. The Supreme Court has held that former Chief Ministers are not entitled for government accommodation for lifetime.
The judgment of the apex court came on a plea filed by Uttar Pradesh-based NGO Lok Prahari which had sought a direction against allotment of government bungalows to former CMs.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The severe tropical typhoon Nida (also known as Cariana in Philippines) made landfall near Dapeng Peninsula in China’s Guangdong Province.
Gale-force wind with up to 150 kilometers per hour speed and heavy rain followed the tropical typhoon.
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) has won the 2016 ATP Toronto Masters also known as the Rogers club title in the men’s single category.
He defeated Kei Nishikori (World no 6) of Japan by 6-3, 7-5 score.
Women’s singles title: Simona Halep (World no 5) of Romania
Men’s doubles title: Ivan Dodig (Croatia) and Marcelo Melo (Brazil)
Women’s doubles title: Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina
2. The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) has given clean chit to wrestler Narsingh Yadav in the doping case.
vWith this he can participate in 2016 Rio Olympics.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer Rani Singh Nair has been appointed as Chairperson (Chairman) of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
She was working as member (Legislation and Computerization) at CBDT.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Parliament has passed Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to conduct of uniform entrance examination for admission to all medical educational institutions.
The bill will replace the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016 and its provisions will come in to force retrospectively from May 24, 2016
2. The Parliament has passed the National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
The Bill seeks to establish the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Andhra Pradesh as an institute of national importance.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images