Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The finance ministry has financed first installment of special assistance of INR 1,093.34 crore for Jammu and Kashmir.
This amount is financed to repair and permanent restoration of damaged public buildings in J&K.
2. Narendra Modi visited Raipur in Chhattisgarh for the inauguration of the Jungle Safari in the city.
3. India has been ranked 133rd out of 183 countries in the 2016 Global Youth Development Index (YDI).
4. Kerala has become the third Open Defecation Free state in the country after Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
India is invited by Russia for developing next-generation nuclear reactors and to participate in its fast reactor research project.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X is held at Army Battle School, Saljhandi, Nepal this year.
1. Lewis Hamilton has won Mexican Grand Prix by beating German world champion Nico Roseberg.
2. India has won Men’s Asian Champions Trophy by beating arch-rivals Pakistan 3-2 in the final in Malaysia.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Spain’s acting prime minister Mr. Mariano Rajoy was re-elected after winning a parliamentary vote.
2. Twitter’s India head has dropped the post.
He was the vice-president for Asia Pacific, which includes India, West Asia and North Africa for Twitter.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The new law to prohibit benami transactions will come into effect from 1st November, 2016.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Palestine have signed a MoU for setting up a Palestine-India Techno Park in Ramallah, Palestine.
Science & Technology:
1. NHPC has announced commissioned of 50 MW wind power project in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
1. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images