Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India ranks a low 39th in terms of fixed broadband adoption in the list of 53 Asia Pacific countries.
A report from ‘State of ICT in Asia and the Pacific 2016: Uncovering the Widening Broadband Divide’ has revealed the data.
2. The meeting of BRICS women parliamentarian’s forum has begun in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
BRICS is the grouping of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
The two day meeting was inaugurated by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Myanmar has officially announced to support for China’s ambitious One Belt and One Road (OBOR) connectivity initiative along the ancient Silk Road.
It was announced in the joint statement released by both countries during official state visit of Myanmar’s State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi to China.
2. The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has voiced its concern over alleged excesses of the Indian military and the paramilitary forces in Kashmir.
1. Jamaican Sprinter Usain Bolt created an unprecedented record of a triple treble by winning third Gold medal in Rio Olympics 2016.
He achieved this feat after Jamaica won gold medal in 4x100m relay final at the Rio Olympics.
He is now the first athlete to win 9 gold medals in sprinting events of Olympics.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Urjit Patel has been appointed as new Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
He will be 24th Governor of RBI He will have tenure of three years and shall succeed Raghuram Rajan.
Prior to this appointment (elevation) he was Deputy Governor of RBI.
Science & Technology:
1. Chinese scientists have discovered a small molecule (new drug) named XMU-MP-1 that can regenerate tissue.
It has potential to eliminate transplants of some organs.
It was discovered by team of researchers from Xiamen University and Peking University of China.
2. Tech giant Intel has unveiled Project Alloy, a device that creates merged reality.
Project Alloy is a headset that uses the RealSense technology to enable people to use their hands to interact with elements of the virtual world without using cables to connect computer.
3. Scientists have discovered a new species of eel, a snake-like fish, from the northern Bay of Bengal along the West Bengal coast.
The species Gymnothorax indicus is slender-bodied and about one feet-long.
The eel was studied by the scientists at Sankarpur fishing harbour in West Bengal’s Purba Medinipur district.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images