Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Amid tight security, Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh inaugurated two new districts which were carved out of as many Naga-dominated districts.
Singh inaugurated Pherzawl, carved out of Churachandpur district, and Noney from Tamenglong district.
2. Government is planning to start soon a toll-free number 1955 for taking feedback of telecom subscribers on call drops.
Provisioning of this number will be mandatory for telecom operators and should be accessible for local and STD calling.
State-run telecom firm MTNL has been directed to configure this short code.
3. Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment released the first issue of a National Newspaper dedicated to Senior Citizen, ‘Saanjhi Saanjh’.
This newspaper will carry important and useful news pertaining to elderly persons besides inspirational stories.
It will serve as a bridge between old and new generations.
1. Karun Nair became the second Indian after Virendra Sehwag to score a triple ton in Test cricket as the smashed unbeaten 303 runs off just 381 balls.
India declared their first innings at 759 for the loss of seven wickets in the fifth Test against England which is their highest ever team total in Tests.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Andy Murray has been chosen for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year for a record third time.
Murray, beat the gold medal-winning triathlete Alistair Brownlee into second place and showjumper Nick Skelton, in third.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. YES Bank, India’s fifth largest private sector bank has collaborated with Ola, one of the popular mobile apps for transportation, to provide cash-on-demand at customer’s doorstep.
Customers will be able to use the Ola app to book a cab and opt for ‘cash at their doorsteps’ that will be enabled using Point-of-Sale (PoS) machines powered by YES Bank.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Bollywood actor Priyanka Chopra appointed as the brand ambassador of the Assam Tourism.
She will drive the campaign, “Awesome Assam”.
The agreement is signed for two years.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has reduced interest rate on provident fund deposits to 8.65% for 2016-17 from the current 8.8%.
The move is in line with the falling rate regime with the RBI cutting key lending rates and banks reducing deposit rates following the demonetisation move last month.
Science & Technology:
1. Power Ministry to launch GARV-II app to ensure transparency in implementation of rural electrification programme.
It will provide real time data of all six lakh villages of the country.
GARV-II will have a citizen engagement window ‘SAMVAD’to enhance participation.
1. A gunman shot and killed Russia’s ambassador to Turkey Andrei Karlov as he gave a speech at a photo exhibition in Ankara.
2. Anupam Mishra, a noted Gandhian, journalist, environmentalist, and water conservationist passed away at the age of 68 at the All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
He had been awarded the 1996 Indira Gandhi Paryavaran Puraskar (IGPP) award instituted by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images