Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has eased foreign direct investment (FDI) norms for nine sectors to give impetus to job creation and ease of doing business in the country.
A high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken the decision.
By easing the FDI norms, India becomes the most open economy in the world for FDI.
FDI Limits in some important sectors are:
Food products: 100% FDI
Defence Sector: 49% FDI
Pharmaceutical Sector: 100% FDI
Aviation Sector: 100% FDI
Animal Husbandry: 100% FDI
Download Free!! Study materials for IBPS Exam!!
International – Across the Globe:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena inaugurated Duraiappah Stadium in Jaffna.
The stadium was renovated by India.
Sri Lankan President Sirisena was present at the stadium in Jaffna while PM Narendra Modi joined the event through video-conferencing from New Delhi.
The newly renovated Duraiappah Stadium has been named in honour of a former Mayor of Jaffna late Alfred Thambirajah Duraiappah.
1. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany has won the 2016 European Grand Prix of Formula One.
Top 3 teams are Mercedes, Ferrari and Force India.
Positions attained by various Racers:
First Position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes team
Second Position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari team
Third Position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India team
Fourth Position: Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) of Ferrari Team
Fifth Position: Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom) of Mercedes Team
2. The Indian mixed recurve team of Deepika Kumari and Atanu Das has won the silver medal at the Archery World Cup held in Antalya, Turkey.
In the final match played at Konyaalti Beach Park, the Indian team lost to South Korea by 1-5 score.
In the first of the match, Indian team trailed by 0-2 score against the top-seeded Korean pair of Choi Misun and Ku Bonchan.
Science & Technology:
1. Public sector aerospace and defence major Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has unveiled indigenous Basic Trainer Aircraft (BTA) HTT-40 in Bengaluru.
The aircraft made its maiden flight recently the HAL Airport in Bengaluru in presence of Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
It was flown by Group Captain C Subramaniam and Group Captain Venugopal for about 10 to 15 minutes.
HTT-40 stands for Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40, a two-seater aircraft designed and developed indigenously by the HAL.
2. The Union Ministry of Power has launched ‘URJA’- Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile application for Urban Power Distribution Sector.
It was launched by Union Power minister Piyush Goyal on the side-lines of two day conference of Power Ministers at Cansaulim in South Goa.
It has been developed by Power Finance Corporation (PFC) on behalf of Union Ministry of Power.
The motive behind introducing the app is to enhance consumer connect with the Urban Power Distribution sector by providing information of IT enabled towns.
1. Every year June 20 is observed as World Refugee Day.
The day is celebrated to raise awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world.
The day seeks to draw attention to the plight of refugees and also to celebrate their courage and resilience and renew commitment to solve refugee problems.
On this day, United Nations Refugee Agency (UNRA) also known as United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) hosts various events and announces a theme for its campaign.
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image courtesy: Google Images