Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India has become sixth country to have a nuclear triad.
India is now capable of delivering nuclear weapons by aircraft, ballistic missiles and submarine launched missiles.
2. Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) INS Tihayu was commissioned into the Indian Navy.
1. The book on Virat kohli has launched.
It is titled as “Driven: The Virat Kohli Story“.
It is written by senior journalist Vijay Lokapally and published by Bloomsbury India.
Awards & Recognition:
1. State Bank of Patiala has been awarded for Excellence in MSME lending.
British statistician Sir David Cox was awarded inaugural recipient of the International Prize in Statistics.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. S P Yadav has been elected as the new President of the North Zone of Urology Society of India.
2. Rajendra Shende has elected as a senior expert to the United Nations Environment Programs Technology and Economic Assessment Panel of the Montreal Protocol.
It is the most successful global treaty aimed at protecting the ozone layer.
3. Visa’s CEO Charles Scharf had resigned from his post on October 18, 2016.
4. International woman wrestler Geeta Phogat has appointed as a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Haryana Police.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. RBI has asked Banks to swap debit cards which have security issues.
There are 17.5 lakh debit cards which need to be swapped with better security.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Myanmar have signed 3 MoU which are:
Designing an academic and professional building program for insurance industry of Myanmar.
Cooperation in the field of Power Sector.
Banking Supervision between RBI and Central Bank of Myanmar.
2. Russia and India have signed an agreement.
This agreement is to lease out a second Russian Akula-2 class nuclear-powered submarine to the Indian Navy a cost of Two billion dollars.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images