Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. HRD Minister inaugurates Super Computer PARAM-ISHAN at IIT Guwahati.
2. M/O Tourism Observes “Swachhta Pakhwada”.
The Ministry of Tourism is observing cleanliness related themes based fortnight (Swachhta Pakhwada) during the period from 16th to 30th September, 2016.
3. Charkhi Dadri is Haryana’s 22nd district.
Haryana chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced a district status for Dadri, the biggest sub-division in the state, increasing the district count of Haryana to 22 from 21.
4. Government to expand DBT to 147 schemes by next March.
The Government is planning to expand Direct Benefit Transfer and double the number to 147 schemes by March 2017.
International – Across the Globe:
1. First Indian music & dance festival starts in Sydney.
A first-of-its-kind Indian music and dance festival aimed to showcase the country’s rich and diverse culture was kicked off in iconic Sydney Opera House.
2. MIT scientists develop new technique to find signs of life on Mars.
Scientists from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) US have developed a novel spectroscopic technique to find signs of present or former extraterrestrial life on the Mars.
1. Davis Cup: Spain beat India 5-0
Host India was routed by Spain 0-5 in the Davis Cup World Group Play-off tie.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Malayalam critic M Leelavathi bags Mohanan Suvarna Mudra Award.
2. West Bengal to confer Bangabibhushan award to Lata Mangeshkar.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Anandi Ramalingam assumed charge as BEL first woman director.
Anandi Ramalingam on 16 September 2016 assumed charge as functional/whole time director of Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Federal Bank launches Federal Skill Academy at Coimbatore.
2. Andhra Pradesh tops in attracting industrial investments.
Andhra Pradesh has emerged on the top among all other states in attracting industrial investments in 2015-16, pushing the previous year’s topper Maharashtra to the third spot.
Image Courtesy: Google Images