Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Minister for Science & Technology Dr. Harshvardhan launched a Mobile App Celebrating Yoga.
The Mobile App has been developed by Department of Science & Technology on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2017.
The aim of the app is to popularize Yoga and encourage people to practice yoga for a scientifically healthy living.
2. India became the 71st country to sign the United Nations International Convention on Road Transports (TIR).
TIR will help India to integrate with Myanmar and Thailand as well as Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal.
TIR is managed and developed by IRU – The world road transport organization.
3. Union Minister Piyush Goyal has launched the Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 (ECBC 2017).
This updated version of the Code prescribes the energy performance standards for new commercial buildings to be constructed across India.
4. Bihar Governor Ramnath Kovind will be NDA’s presidential candidate for the upcoming Presidential election.
The presidential election is scheduled to be held on 17 July 2017.
The announcement was made by BJP President Amit Shah in New Delhi after BJP Parliamentary Board meeting.
5. The Telangana Government launched the ‘Hyderabad City Wi-Fi’ project, providing the wireless Networking Technology at over 1,000 public places in the city.
The network has now been installed at 1,000 hotspots with an assured bandwidth of 5-10 Mbps offering 30 minutes of free wi-fi.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The Australian Government announced that Indian Nationals can apply for a visitor visa online starting from 1st July 2017.
It will offer benefits like 24/7 accessibility, electronic payment of the visa application charge and the ability to check the status of applications lodged online, all through the department’s ImmiAccount portal.
2. According to United Nation, a record 65.6 million people worldwide were forcibly displaced from their homes owing to conflict or persecution by the end of 2016.
Turkey hosted the largest number of refugees worldwide, with 2.9 million people.
It was followed by Pakistan (1.4 million), Lebanon (1 million), Iran (979,400), Uganda (940,800), and Ethiopia (791,600).
Sports & Athletics:
1. Sarfraz Ahmed of Pakistan named Captain Of ICC Team of Champions Trophy.
Virat Kohli along with three Indians were named in the ICC Team of the Champions Trophy 2017.
India opener Shikhar Dhawan and Pakistan’s Hassan Ali had already won the Golden Bat and Gold Ball trophies for finishing as the most successful batsman and bowler respectively
Bhuvneshwar Kumar also secured a position in the list.
2. India won six medals in the Wushu competition of the first ever Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) Games concluded in Guangzhou, China.
The medals comprised two each in gold, silver, and bronze.
M. Gyandas and Anjul Namdev won one gold each.
3. The Iranian wrestlers won 7 medals (three gold, two silver, and two bronze) and 69 points to win the Junior Asian Championships title.
Uzbekistan won 67 points to rank second in the Wrestlers list.
India’s won gold in the women’s 51kg freestyle category through Puja.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The government has appointed Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan to promote Goods and Services Tax (GST) which is scheduled to implement from 1st July.
The Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) will be making Bachchan brand ambassador for GST.
Ace badminton star PV Sindhu was previously the GST ambassador.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Electronic payment and e-commerce portal, Paytm, will soon launch its payments bank on the unified payment interface.
The launch will enable an easier transaction process for its customers and is reported to happen by August this year.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. US based Lockheed Martin and India’s Tata Advanced Systems have signed a pact to produce F-16 fighter planes in India.
Lockheed Martin’s move to forge a joint venture with Tata is aimed at winning billions of dollars’ worth order from the Indian military.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) completes 1000 earth days in orbit.
The MOM has at present completed 388 orbits of Mars and has sent 715 images back to earth.
India plans to send Mangalyaan 2.0 and a new mission to Venus after 2020.
1. The World Refugee Day (WRD) is observed on 20th June across the world.
It is the day to commemorates the strength, courage, and perseverance of millions of refugees.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. The father of India’s nuclear fusion reactor research programme, Padma Shri Prof Predhiman Krishan Kaw has died.
He was the founder director of Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar.
He was named the 2015 laureate of the Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Prize for “outstanding contributions” in the field of plasma physics.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images