Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India’s first dedicated heliport for flying in and out will soon going to open in Delhi.
The Rs.100-crore project will be inaugurated on 28th February 2017.
The project will be an integrated one with a chopper maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) unit part of the complex at Rohini.
It will be Owned by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL).
2. C K Mishra, Health Secretary launches Saathiya Resource Kit and Saathiya Salah Mobile App.
One of the key interventions under the programme is introduction of the Peer Educators (Saathiyas).
The Resource Kit comprises Activity Book, Bhranti-Kranti Game, Question-Answer Book and Peer Educator Diary.
The mobile app is also linked to another important piece of cost-effective information platform of a toll-free Saathiya Helpline (1800-233-1250) which will act as an e-counselor.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India was the world’s largest importer of major arms between 2012–16, accounting for 13 per cent of the global total sales, according to a new data released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
Saudi Arabia was the world’s second largest arms importer in 2012-16.
The United States of America is the leading arms exporter in the world with almost half of its arms exports going to the Middle East.
2. Russia will start initial deliveries of military helicopters to India in 2018.
India and Russia signed an agreement to jointly manufacture 200 of the KA-226T helicopters for the Indian Armed Forces.
Both countries have agreed to cooperate in energy and defence as India seeks to modernize its armed forces.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Afghanistan Cricketers Mohammad Nabi & Rashid Khan were selected by the franchise in IPL Auction 2017.
Mohammad Nabi became the first player from Afghanistan to be picked by Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs.30 lakhs.
Rashid Khan was signed by Mumbai Indians for an amount of Rs.4 Crores.
2. Virat Kohli became the first Indian sportsperson to sign a Rs.100 crore deal with Puma.
He is now set to join the likes of Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell and Thierry Henry, among others, as a global ambassador for the brand.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The Ahmedabad-based Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), has received International Mercury Awards for the year 2016-17.
EDII has received award for the best overall presentation of its 2015-2016 annual report.
2. Tata Steel’s Katamati Mine has won Best Green Award at the Global Green Future Leadership Awards.
Rahul Kishore, Head Katamati Iron Mine, Tata Steel received the award on behalf of Tata Steel from Jordan Reeves, Consul General of Canada in Mumbai.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. President Trump appointed Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster as his new national security adviser.
McMaster will take on the role after having served several tours of duty in Germany, Southwest Asia and Iraq.
2. Naga People’s Front (NPF) President Shurozelie Liezitsu was selected as a consensus candidate by the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland for the post of Chief Minister.
Liezitsu will be sworn as the Chief Minister of Nagaland on February 22.
Earlier Nagaland’s Chief Minister TR Zeliang stepped down from his post.
3. Tata Sons Chairman-designate Natarajan Chandrasekaran will also hold the chairmanship of the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
V Ramakrishnan is named as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the TCS.
He will succeed Rajesh Gopinathan, who will take over as the CEO and MD of the Tata Group company.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) N Ganapathy Subramaniam will be the Executive Director.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. State Bank of India (SBI) rebranded its corporate website as sbi from the earlier sbi.co.in
Now bank.sbi is the highest domain protocol commonly known as generic top level domain (gTLD).
The adoption of gTLD will enable SBI to use its corporate name. sbi as their website’s top-level identifier instead of using “.com” or “. co.in” as domains.
2. RBI Deputy Governor R Gandhi launched Bharat QR code to push less cash economy.
It is the world’s first interoperable Quick Response (QR) code acceptance solution developed by the payments industry to expedite India’s transition to a less-cash society.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Karnataka Bank Ltd has signed a MoU with Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt Ltd (DICV).
The MoU was signed for extending finance to customers for the purchase of commercial vehicles manufactured by the company.
2. India and Rwanda signed three agreements including innovation and aviation in Kigali.
Establishment of a bilateral air service agreement between the two nations.
An agreement for exemption of visa requirements for diplomatic and service passports.
Establishment of an Entrepreneurship Development Centre in Rwanda duly financed by Union Government.
Besides these three agreements, Ansari also launched India-Rwanda innovation growth programme.
2. A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed to help scheduled caste (SC) artisans in New Delhi.
The MoU signed among the National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) and Empowerment and Development Commissioner (Handicrafts).
1. 21st February is celebrated as the International Mother Language Day every year.
The day is celebrated to promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism.
The UN theme for 2017 is Towards Sustainable Futures through Multilingual Education.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Kaci Kullmann, the chairwoman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee which selects the Peace Prize laureates, has died aged 65.
Kullmann became a member of the Norwegian Nobel committee in 2003, and was elected chair in 2015.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images