Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Union Government gave its final approval for setting up of a Greenfield Electronic Park which is a dedicated IT hub near Bhubaneswar.
It is to be set up under Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) scheme of the Centre, will come up on 203 acres of land.
It will provide employment potential of 10,000 to 12,000 persons and common facilities for training, incubation and R & D activities to the interested entrepreneurs.
2. The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has named a crater on Mars as Langtang.
It was done after one of the villages most affected by the devastating 2015 earthquakes in Nepal.
The Langtang crater on Mars is 9.8 kilometers wide and has scientific importance.
IAU is a collection of professional astronomers, at the PhD level and beyond, active in professional education and research in astronomy.
3. Nepal’s Deputy Prime Minister Kamal Thapa visited New Delhi on a three day visit to India
This is the fifth Visit to India by Nepal Minister
The two Nations signed nine agreements in areas of transport, connectivity and cooperation in the energy sector.
Thailand Prime Minister Chan-o-cha made visit to India and arrived in New Delhi starting from 16th June to enhance bilateral cooperation between two Nations.
Download Free!! Study materials for IBPS Exam!!
4. India, Thailand agreed to build Joint Collaboration in Counter-terrorism, Defence, Maritime security.
India and Thailand signed key pacts in the field of culture and education
International – Across the Globe:
1. A bronze statue of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose has been unveiled at the Indian cultural centre premises in Malaysia.
Nine Indian National Army (INA) veterans were present there.
It was announced during the last year visit of PM Modi to Malaysia.
2. Union Tourism minister Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the Ganges-Danube
Cultural Festival of India at Vigado Theatre in Budapest in Hungary.
The Minister also inaugurated Yoga workshop.
Hungarian artists, proficient in Indian art forms took part in the programme.
3. President Pranab Mukherjee made visit to three-nation tour to Ghana, Ivory Coast and Namibia.
Pranab Mukherjee has become the First Indian President to Visit Ghana and Ivory Coast.
He also became the second Indian President to visit Namibia after a gap of 21 years.
1. 106 year old Aida Gemanque became the oldest Olympic torch bearer when she carried the flame in the Amazonian city of Macapa.
She is also called as extreme granny.
She broke the record formerly held by Alexander Kaptarenko, who was 101 when he took part in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics relay.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Kannada film Thithi has won the Best Film and Best Script Writers Award at the ongoing 19th Shanghai International Film Festival in Shanghai.
The film was directed by Raam Reddy’s and it is about 3 generations reacting to the death of the oldest in the clan.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Thailand have signed two agreements in culture and educational sectors to boost bilateral ties.
The agreements were signed in New Delhi during the three day official state visit of Thailand Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha to Indian.
Signed agreements are:
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India’s Nagaland University and Thailand’s Chiang Mai University.
Agreement for to extension of the Cultural Exchange Programme (CEP) between both countries for 2016-19.
Science & Technology:
1. China’s Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer is the world’s most powerful supercomputer system.
It was revealed by 2016 edition of Top 500 list of supercomputers.
Sunway-TaihuLight can perform calculations with processing speed of 124.5 petaflops per second (Pflops).
It is world’s first system to surpass 100 petaflops.
2. The Union Government has banned use of potassium bromate (KbrO3) as a food additive as it is carcinogenic.
Union Health Ministry has taken the decision based on the recommendation of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
Downloah here!! the Daily, Weekly and Monthly editions of GK Eduwrap!!
1. Every year 21 June is being observed as International Day of Yoga across the globe to spread awareness about practicing yoga.
2016 Theme for celebrating the day was “Connect the Youth”.
The year 2016 it is second edition of the International Day of Yoga.
This year’s observance highlights the important role healthy living plays in the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which were adopted by all 193 UN member states in 2015.
1. Jeppiaar, a renowned politician-turned-educationalist passed away following a brief illness at Chennai. He was 85.
He was the founder of Jeppiaar Educational Trust.
He was originally named as Jesadimai Pangiraj.
He was a pioneer in the setting up of private engineering institutions in Tamil Nadu and was the founder chancellor of Sathyabama University.
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image courtesy: Google Images