Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Indore has installed India’s first 14-foot-tall robot to control traffic.
It’s equipped with a public-address system and can take photos of traffic violators to generate e-challans when connected to police control room.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) 2017 is being held in the San Diego Convention Centre, San Diego from 19th June to 22nd June 2017.
The Indian delegation taking part in the BIO 2017, is being led by Shri Y S Chowdary, Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences.
The BIO International Convention is hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO).
2. China has unveiled world’s first train that runs on a virtual track making use of sensor technology instead of metal rails.
The train is capable of reaching a top speed of 70 kmph and can travel a distance of 25 km by just charging for 10 minutes.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Anil Kumble has stepped down as head coach of India’s men’s team from the upcoming series against West Indies.
He was appointed head coach of the Indian Cricket team in June 2016 by the former BCCI administration.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Air Asia and Air Asia X won four awards at the Skytrax Awards at the Paris airshow.
Air Asia won awards for being the Best Low-Cost Airline in Asia and also as World’s Best Low-Cost Airline Premium Cabin 2017 at the 2017 Skytrax World Airline Awards.
2. Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune become the first recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for outstanding contribution to promotion and development of Yoga.
The Institute worked to spread Yoga both domestically and internationally over a period of four decades.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Messaging app Hike partnered with YES Bank to allow its users to transfer money, recharge and pay mobile bills through the messaging platform.
Hike improved the user interface as well as added new features to the camera on the app.
It will allow free and instant bank-to-bank transfer via unified payments interface (UPI).
2. IDBI Federal Life Insurance has partnered with SunTec Company.
Under the agreement, for the debit tax mandate SunTec will help in analyzing data from various sources for computation and invoicing purposes.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. UNICEF appointed Muzoon Almellehan as Goodwill Ambassador for Refugees.
She is the first person with an official refugee status to become an Ambassador for the United Nations agency.
2. Bihar Governor Ram Nath Kovind has resigned from the gubernatorial post.
The resignation follows his nomination as the National Democratic Alliance’s presidential candidate.
3. Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been appointed as the Crown Prince.
He replaced Mohammed bin Nayef.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Meghalaya government signed two MoUs with the State Bank of India as a part of an initiative towards migrating government transactions to digital mode.
With an implementation of the GST, these MoUs are expected to give dealers and other citizens the desired platform for conducting financial transactions with the state government on a digital platform.
2. The Government of India and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed USD 275 million loans for a piped water supply project for rapidly urbanizing small towns.
It will cover 3 lakh households in 64 small towns in Madhya Pradesh.
The Government of Madhya Pradesh will provide counterpart support of $124 million.
3. India and Portugal signed a protocol of cooperation in the field of archives.
As a part of the Cooperation, the Torre do Tombo (National Archives of Portugal) has handed over digital copies of 62 volumes of the collection known as ‘Moncoes do Reino’ (Monsoon correspondence) to the National Archives of India.
4. Reliance Defence Ammunition has entered into a strategic partnership with Serbia’s state-run Yugoimport to manufacture ammunition in India.
The joint venture is expected to target business opportunities worth Rs. 20,000 crores from Indian armed forces in the next 10 years.
Science & Technology:
1. Larsen & Toubro has launched the first indigenously built Floating Dock (FDN-2) to repair Indian Navy ships at its Shipyard at Kattupalli, north of Chennai.
It is 185 meters long and 40 meters wide and is designed for docking Indian Navy ships and submarines of up to 8,000 tons of displacement.
2. NASA is testing the effectiveness of a flexible solar array, the Roll-Out Solar Array (ROSA) on the space station for the very first time.
ROSA is an advanced, flexible solar array that rolls out like a tape measure.
It is smaller and lighter than the traditional panels and has a center wing build of a flexible material containing photovoltaic cells to convert light into electricity.
3. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to launch an Earth-Observation Satellite, named Cartosat-2E.
Cartosat-2 series weighing 712 kg and 30 nano-satellites using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
Out of the 30 nano-satellites, 29 will be of foreign origin and one will be of India.
1. The International Day of Yoga is celebrated on 21st June across the world.
The theme for 2017 is ‘Yoga for Health.’
The theme highlights that yoga can contribute in a holistic way to achieving an equilibrium between mind and body.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images