Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. A two- day National Conference- Empowering Deaf through Indian Sign Language was inaugurated in New Delhi.
The objective of the Conference is to provide a common platform to the professionals involved in the field of Deaf Education and various other related topics.
2. The Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Vijay Goel designated 14 Olympians as National Observers for 12 sports disciplines. They are:
PT Usha, Anju Bobby George, Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Singh, Aparna Popat, Mary Kom, Akhil Kumar, Jagbir Singh, Abhinav Bindra, Somdev Devvarman, Karnam Malleshwari, Sushil Kumar, I M Vijayan, Khajan Singh, Kamlesh Mehta.
3. India ranked at 122 out of 155 countries in the World Happiness Report 2017, four notches below its previous rank of 118.
Norway topped the list and Central African Republic ranked the last.
4. An interactive portal was launched on the Oral Health Day by the government to raise awareness and educate the masses about the dental and oral health.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The Bloomberg Global Health Index 2017 has released its report of 163 countries.
Italy has ranked as the healthiest country on the planet, with a baby born there expected to live up to more than 80 years.
Iceland, Switzerland, Singapore and Australia made up the top five most-healthy countries in the index.
2. The Forbes Magazine has released the list of World’s Billionaires’ 2017 consisting of 2043 richest people in the world.
The list has been topped by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.
Among Indians, Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani topped the list of 101 Indian richest people.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Swiss Roger Federer and Russian Elena Vesnina have clinched singles titles at Indian Wells tournament.
Federer defeated Stan Wawrinka by 6-4, 7-5.
Elena Vesnina defeated Svetlana Kuznetsova by 6-7 (6), 7-5, 6-4.
2. Ravindra Jadeja has become the top ranked Test bowler while Cheteshwar Pujara moves up to second in ICC Test batsmen’s ranking.
Pujara replaces Virat Kohli from the second position.
3. India’s Vidya Pillai has won silver medal in the World Women Snooker Championship in Singapore.
Hong Kong’s former World Champion, Ng On Yee, won the gold medal.
4. Tamil Nadu regained the Vijay Hazare trophy 2017 after beating Bengal by 37 runs in the finals.
With this win, they become the only team to win the tournament five times.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. The Government of India has decided to merge the Bharatiya Mahila Bank with the State Bank of India.
The merger seeks to ensure greater banking services outreach to a larger number of women, at a faster pace.
2. Yes Bank has partnered with Payjo, an artificial intelligence banking platform to adopt its intelligence products.
The YES Pay Bot will be the first AI-driven Bot for a wallet and will complement the already trusted and popular YES Pay wallet service with over half-a-million users.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Justice Navniti Prasad Singh took oath as the Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court.
He replaced Justice TB Radhakrishnan, who was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court.
2. Kumar Mangalam Birla has been appointed as the Chairman of the Vodafone and Idea Cellular merged entity.
The merged entity will come into force over the next two years.
3. E-commerce firm Snapdeal has appointed Jason Kothari as the Chief Executive Officer of FreeCharge.
In addition to his role of CEO, Kothari will also play the role of Chief Strategy & Investment Officer at Snapdeal.
4. The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the appointment of Ankur Khanna to the post of Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
He will join the ICC at the end of March.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. ICICI Bank has launched mobile banking app Mera iMobile to strengthen digitalization drive in rural region.
Mera iMobile is the only banking app to offer rural banking services namely Kisan Credit Card (KCC), gold loan, loans to SHG and tractor loans.
2. All branches of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ), State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH), State Bank of Mysore (SBM), State Bank of Patiala (SBP) and State Bank of Travancore (SBT) will function as branches of State Bank of India from 1st April 2017.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet has approved the four Goods and Services Tax (GST) related bills. These four Bills are:
The Central Goods and Services Tax Bill, 2017 (CGST Bill).
The Integrated Goods and Services Tax Bill, 2017 (IGST Bill).
The Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Bill, 2017 (UTGST Bill).
The Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to the States) Bill 2017 (The Compensation Bill).
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Mauritius has signed a MoU to execute a USD 20 million social housing project in Mauritius.
As per the MoU, the NBCC (India) Limited will undertake construction of 700 duplex type houses with 50 square meters’ net floor area.
1. The World Poetry Day is celebrated on 21st March every year.
The objective behind the day is to support linguistic diversity through poetic expression.
The day also provides occasion to honour poets, promote the reading, writing of poetry.
2. International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed on 21st March every year to remind people the negative consequences of racial discrimination.
The 2017 theme is Racial profiling and incitement to hatred, including in the context of migration.
3. The International Day of Forests is celebrated every year on 21st March.
The objective is to raise awareness of the importance of all types of forests, and trees outside forests, for the benefit of current and future generations.
The theme for 2017 is Forests and Energy.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images