Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India has been elected as the vice chair for 2018 and chair for 2019 of the Kimberly Process Certificate Scheme (KPCS).
KPCS is a joint initiative of the governments, industry and civil societies to prevent the entry of conflict diamonds from the mainstream rough diamond market.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAY-G), flagship housing for all scheme in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Under PMAY-G Government aims to provide affordable, environmentally safe and secure pucca house to every rural household living below the poverty line by 2022.
3. Union textile Minister Smriti Irani launched a scheme of ‘Pehchan’ identity cards to artisans in Ahmedabad.
She also inaugurated thematic handicrafts exhibition.
The upgraded ‘pehchan’ cards were distributed to artisans from five clusters of Gujarat namely Jamnagar, Naroda, Surendranagar, Amreli, and Kalol.
1. India’s ace shuttler and Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu has won the $700,000 2016 China Open Super Series title in women’s category.
It was her maiden Super Series Premier title and first post-2016 Rio Olympics title.
2. Kenya’s Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge has won the men’s race in Delhi Half Marathon.
Ethiopia’s Worknesh Degefa won the women’s title.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The 47th edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began in Goa.
It was inaugurated by Veteran filmmaker Ramesh Sippy in the presence of Union Information and Broadcasting Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu.
The Centenary Award for Indian Film Personality of the Year was bestowed upon Veteran singer P. Balasubrahmanyam.
The Lifetime Achievement Award at IFFI 2016 was bestowed upon legendary South Korean film director and writer Im Kwon Taek.
2. Thailand’s Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn was presented with the first ‘World Sanskrit Award’ for her exemplary contribution to the promotion of the language for the year 2015.
She is noted educator and scholar of Sanskrit and Pali.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. As many as 16 of 22 public sector banks skipped paying dividends to Government in fiscal 2015-16 due to the issue of mounting bad loans.
It has led to a 67% decline in government receipts to Rs. 1,444.6 crore.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed the opening of Islamic window in conventional banks for a gradual introduction of Sharia-compliant or interest-free banking in the country.
In this regard, RBI has also prepared a technical analysis report and submitted to the Union Finance Ministry for its consideration.
Science & Technology:
1. The twin trial of surface-to-surface nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile was successfully conducted by the India Army from a test range at Chandipur in Odisha.
During the test, two Prithvi-II missiles in salvo mode were successfully test-fired in quick succession from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR).
2. Scientists have developed Zika replicon system, a novel tool to replicate the Zika virus by stripping it of the genes that make the virus infectious.
The Zika replicon system is considered as an advance novel tool that may pave the way for development vaccine to fight Zika virus.
3. China has launched world’s longest super-secure quantum communication line connecting Hefei, capital of Anhui province to Shanghai, the country’s financial hub.
The super-secure quantum communication line is 712-km in length.
It boasts of ultra-high security making it impossible to wiretap, intercept or crack the information transmitted through them.
4. NASA has successfully launched highly advanced geostationary weather satellite Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite-R (GOES-R).
The satellite will boost the US’s weather observation capabilities, leading to more accurate and timely forecasts, watches and warnings.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images