Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. 27 new cities selected under Centre’s Smart Cities mission.
2. India successfully test-fires surface-to-air missile.
3. Punjabi version of PM Narendra Modi’s website launched.
International – Across the Globe:
1. 21st September: International Day of Peace.
2. China, Russia conducted joint naval exercises Joint Sea-2016
China and Russia have carried out joint naval exercises dubbed as Joint Sea-2016 in the resource-rich South China Sea (SCS) off China’s southern Guangdong province.
3. India ranks 112th in 2016 World Economic Freedom Index.
1. Deaf shooter Priyesha Deshmukh wins bronze in World Championship.
Priyesha Deshmukh has won bronze at the 1st World Deaf Shooting Championships. It was her first Championship.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi to get humanitarian award.
Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi has been honored as the 2016 humanitarian of the year by students and faculty at the Harvard Foundation.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Monika Kapil Mohta appointed Ambassador to Sweden.
2. New ED for Syndicate Bank: SS Mallikarjuna Rao
SS Mallikarjuna Rao has taken charge as executive director of Syndicate Bank.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. India’s GDP to grow by 8% over next few years: S&P.
Backed by broadening of domestic consumption base, S&P Global Ratings projected India to clock a “steroid-free” growth of 8 per cent over the next few years.
2. Vijaya Bank rolls out 3 new apps.
Vijaya Bank has launched three innovative information technology (IT) products, coinciding with Hindi Diwas celebration.
3. BSE tie ups with Twitter to provide live stock updates.