Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. BRICS Women Parliamentarians forum has unanimously passed the Jaipur Declaration on the concluding day of the Forum’s meeting held in Jaipur.
The 19-point declaration was adopted at the two-day meeting of BRICS Women Parliamentarians forum held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
2. Union Women and Child Development (WCD) Minister Maneka Gandhi inaugurated the state’s first animal birth control centre (ABC) at Kedarpuram.
The centre will take up birth control measures with stray dogs the population of which has been rising in the city and the state.
3. The monogrammed suit worn by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his meeting with American President Barack Obama last year, which created huge controversy, entered Guinness Book of World Records as ‘the most expensive suit sold’.
The suit was sold at an auction for Rs 4.31 crore
International – Across the Globe:
1. The world’s highest and longest glass-bottomed bridge was opened to visitors in central China.
The bridge connects two mountain cliffs known as the Avatar Mountains in Zhangjiajie, Hunan province.
2. India has pledged financial assistance worth 39.97 million Nepali Rupees for the construction of a new building and a hostel facility at a Sanskrit school in eastern Nepal.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Prominent film actor Kamal Haasan has been selected by France for its prestigious Chevalier de L’Ordre Arts et Lettres.
It is also known as Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters.
He has been chosen for this prestigious award recognition of his high level artistic excellence and distinguished career achievements.
2. President Indian Olympic Association (IOA) N. Ramachandran was awarded the Olympic Order for his outstanding services to the Olympic movement.
The award was formally bestowed upon him by the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Thomas Bach.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Indian government’s Tourism Ministry has decided that instead of getting a brand ambassador for the Incredible India campaign, it will make Prime Minister Narendra Modi the face of the campaign.
His face will be used for the advertisements and promotional films. Even Gujarat Tourism’s prosperity will also be mentioned.
2. Amul Managing Director (MD) R S Sodhi has been appointed as independent director on the board of India Post Payment Banks (IPPB) – the payments bank arm of postal department.
3. Shri Yogeshwar Sangwan, presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of Armenia, has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to Georgia, with residence in Yerevan (Armenia).
4. Dr. Najma Heptulla was sworn-in as the 18th Governor of Manipur.
She replaced Shanmuganathan who was holding the dual charge of Governor of Meghalaya and Manipur.
Science & Technology:
1. Scientists for the first time have developed LASER (light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation) from fluorescent jellyfish proteins that were grown in bacteria.
1. Subrata Banerjee, the former international umpire, died at the age of 71 in Kolkata.
Banerjee had a 15-year career at the international level, where he officiated in 13 ODIs
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images