Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The government has launched Cyber Swachhta Kendra, a new desktop and mobile security solution for secure cyber space in the country.
It was launched through its Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in).
The new solution will notify, enable cleaning and secure systems of end-users to prevent further infections.
USB Pratirodh, Samvid App are launched in the event.
2. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has released the new format for recording and reporting road accident data.
The uniform accident-recording format has been drawn on the lines of developed countries.
It has been forwarded to all state police and transport departments for adaptation and to furnish annual road accident data.
3. BHIM App has seen over 17 million downloads and has set a world record.
The app was introduced to make digital payments a mass movement in India.
The Centre will also soon roll out a cash-back scheme to give a further boost to the use of BHIM.
4. Arunachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated the Composite Regional Centre for Persons with Disabilities.
The aim is to create resources and infrastructure required for developing services for persons with disabilities in the state.
5. Tamil Nadu government has sanctioned Rs 2,247 crore to drought-hit farmers in state.
A total of Rs. 2,247 crore has been sanctioned to farmers, and the amount will be credited to the bank accounts of the farmers.
The farmers whose rain-fed lands have been hit by drought will be given Rs 3,000 per acre.
Rs 5,465 per acre will be given to farmers who have lands which are dependent on irrigation.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Benjamin Netanyahu arrived in Sydney on the first visit to Australia by a serving Israeli prime minister.
Netanyahu will start his four-day visit with talks with his Australian counterpart Malcolm Turnbull at his official Sydney address.
Netanyahu and Turnbull will sign agreements on technology and air services.
2. India and China will hold their first Strategic Dialogue in Beijing.
During the meeting, the two sides will discuss key issues of mutual concern and interest, including friction points.
Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar and Executive Vice Foreign minister Zhang Yesui will co-chair the meet to discuss all issues of mutual interest in bilateral, regional and international domain.
3. Mexico City has the worst daily traffic condition in the world for the second consecutive year and is the most congested city.
The research analyzed the traffic congestion situation in 390 cities in 48 countries.
The research has listed other cities, including Bangkok, Jakarta and Bucharest as the most congested cities in the world.
4. The US and China have agreed on a constructive bilateral relationship to address the threat posed by North Korea due to its repeated ballistic missile tests despite a UN ban.
The two sides agreed on the need to address the threat that North Korea poses to regional stability.
The two leaders also discussed economics, trade, and potential cooperation on counter terrorism, law enforcement and transnational crime.
Sports & Athletics:
1. India defeated South Africa by one run to win the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2017 at the P. Sara Stadium, Sri Lanka.
South Africa’s Sune Luus is named as the Player of the Series.
India’s Deepti Sharma is the Player of the Match.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Direct-to-home operator Dish TV has tied-up with private lender ICICI Bank for digital payments.
This alliance with ICICI Bank through UPI will drive higher customer adoption and allow them to be a part of the digital economy.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Govind Rajan, the chief executive of Jasper Infotech-owned digital payments platform FreeCharge, has resigned from the company.
Former Housing.com CEO, Jason Kothari will oversee the business operations of FreeCharge.
Rajan took over the top job at Freecharge in May last year.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The GST Council approved a bill to compensate States for any loss of revenue due to the implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
This approval by the GST Council paves the way for the roll out of the GST on 1st July 2017.
2. Reserve Bank of India has said that it has no information about the number of bank accounts with large deposits after 8th November 2016.
These are the bank accounts in which more than Rs. 2.5 lakh in the scrapped currency notes of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 were deposited between November 8 and December 30 last year.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Jammu & Kashmir government has imposed restrictions on the number of guests at weddings and small functions like social and government functions.
This is done to curb misuse of resources and essential commodities.
The order that will come into force on 1st April 2017 restricts the number of guests at the bride’s place during the marriage ceremony to 500.
The number of guests at the groom’s place is restricted to 400 and the number of guests at smaller functions like engagement among others has been restricted to 100.
2. The Gujarat Assembly has passed Gujarat Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2017.
The bill seeks to empower the state government to use Aadhaar number as the sole identifier for the delivery of various subsidies and benefits in an effective and targeted manner.
This will help the state government create a credible system to authenticate the identity of actual beneficiaries.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has signed a MoU with Vijaya Bank.
The MoU aims at promoting and strengthening units in the MSE segment through concessional funding.
Concessional funding includes the marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) of Vijaya Bank under refinance from SIDBI.
It also envisages joint financing of MSMEs at concessional rate of 9.60 percent.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images