Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The cabinet approved the establishment of an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.
It was decided under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY), said an official statement.
According to the cabinet, the cost of the project will be Rs 1,011 crore.
2. Indian railway is likely to start voluntary passenger insurance scheme from September by charging a minimal premium of less than Rs 10 per ticket from travelers for an insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh in case of death or permanent disability caused in train accident.
3. The Cabinet Committee has given its approval for construction of a new dry dock within the existing premises of Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL).
This big sized dry dock is a critical requirement of CSL to promote ship building and is a step in the direction of “Make in India” initiative of the Government.
4. The Election Commission of India (ECI) announced that launch of National Electoral Roll Purification (NERP) 2016 programme across the country.
International – Across the Globe:
1. According to latest UNCTAD estimates, globally, the electronic commerce, or ecommerce, market is worth around $22.1 trillion.
China is the world’s largest business-to-consumer (B2C) ecommerce market, both in terms of sales and in number of online shoppers, followed by the US and Japan.
India, the 10th largest market in terms of buyers, was ahead of Brazil and Russia in per capita ecommerce spend, the report said.
2. Seven Indian companies have made it to the latest Fortune 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations in terms of revenue with the retail giant Walmart topping the global rankings.
The seven companies are:
Indian Oil Corp – 161st position
RIL – 215th position
SBI – 232nd position
Bharat Petroleum – 233rd position
Hindustan Petroleum – 234th position
Tata Motors – 226th position
Rajesh Jewelers – 423rd position
The overall list was topped by retail giant Walmart with revenue of $482,130 million.
3. Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan declared a three-month state of emergency in the country.
The emergency was declared in response to the failed coup that happened on 15 July 2016.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior IAS officer A. B. P. Pandey was today appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
UIDAI issues Aadhaar, a 12-digit unique identification number that serves as a proof of identity and address anywhere in the country.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. According to Standard & Poor’s (S&P), an International credit rating agency, the growth rate for India in the next two years will be 8%.
This is much higher than forecast of other international agencies.
IMF has forecast 7.4% growth in the next two years.
2. The All India Bank Employees’ Association (AIBEA) has named 5,610 willful defaulters, who collectively defrauded public sector and private sector banks in India of a staggering amount of Rs. 58,792 crore as on March 2016.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Federal Bank has signed an agreement with Reliance Jio Money for one-click payment service.
This arrangement will help customers retain cash in their account and use it only when a transaction is made unlike other instances where a wallet will require the user to maintain balance exclusively in the wallet.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.