Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India’s longest expressway connecting Agra and Lucknow was inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav at Bangarmau in Unnao district of UP.
The Agra-Lucknow Expressway is six-lane Greenfield expressway having a total length of 302-km. It has a design speed of up to 120 kms. per hour.
2. UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has launched one of his dream projects – the UP-100 Police Emergency Management System.
Under the scheme, Police will reach to help within 15 to 20 minutes after UP-100 is called from any urban or rural area
International – Across the Globe:
1. India became an associate member of the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), the largest nuclear and particle physics laboratory in the world.
As an associate member, India can take part in meetings of the CERN Council and its committees (Scientific Policy Committee and Finance Committee).
2. Nepal has abruptly cancelled all agreements with Indian construction firm ILFS to build a USD one billion expressway project, connecting the Nepalese capital with the southern Terai region near the Indian border.
1. Gaganjeet Bhullar of India won the $300,000 BANK BRI-JCB Indonesia Open Golf for the second time in his career after closing with a four-under-par 68.
Bhullar also won the event in 2013.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Prominent Hindi writer Gyanranjan will be conferred the honorary Jnangarima Manad Alankaran award 2016.
Gyanranjan is a renowned writer as well as the editor of Pahal Patrika.
2. Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan was awarded the prestigious Mother Teresa International Award by the Mumbai-based NGO Harmony Foundation.
3. Simone Biles introduced her New Book ‘Courage to Soar: A Body in Motion, A Life in Balance’.
In the Book, she opens about her life, faith, and struggles.
She is the most successful woman gymnast in American history and also the most medaled American gymnast, boasting a total of 14 world championships.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Vodafone Business Services (VBS), the enterprise arm of Vodafone India, announced it has tied up with Google Cloud to offer G Suite.
Vodafone enterprise customers can conveniently and securely access G Suite in a pay-peruse, software as a service (SaaS) model, the company said in a statement.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The State Bank of Mauritius (SBM) Group has appointed Siby Sebastian as Chief Executive Officer for its India operations.
Sebastian has over 20 years of banking experience and has joined SBM Group from ICICI Bank.
2. Pankaj Patel, Zydus Cadila CMD has been elected president of industry body FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) for 2017.
He will take over Ambuja Neotia Group Chairman Harshavardhan Neotia after he completes his term next month.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Telangana government along with IDFC Bank took the initiative to enable cashless transactions to ease the “change” problem.
Those, who are shopping for vegetables were issued coupons worth Rs 5, Rs 10 and Rs 20 so that the vendors don’t suffer a loss.
Science & Technology:
1. Scientists have discovered a new ‘super-Earth’ type exoplanet named as GJ 536b orbiting a very bright star near to our Sun.
The planet was jointly detected by Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC) and the Geneva Observatory.
2. INS Chennai, a Kolkata-class stealth Guided missile destroyer ship was commissioned into Indian Navy’s combat fleet by Defence minister Manohar Parrikar in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
It is the largest-ever warship to be built in India.
It is third and last Kolkata-class guided-missile destroyers built under Project 15A.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images