Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Ministry of Coal has launched Coal Mitra, a web portal for allowing flexibility in utilization of domestic Coal.
The Coal Mitra Web Portal aims at optimum utilisation by private as well as public power companies of the coal.
2. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) imposed a complete ban on burning of waste in open places across the country and announced a fine of Rs. 25,000 on each incident of bulk waste burning.
The green panel’s judgement was given on the petition seeking directions to local bodies in states and Centre for improving solid waste management methods.
3. The Centre recently approved the promulgation of an ordinance to enable industries to pay wages by cheque or by direct credit into bank accounts of workers earning up to Rs. 18,000 a month, without taking their explicit consent as required under the present 1936 law.
The ordinance proposes changes to Section 6 of the Payment of Wages Act of 1936.
4. The Centre has reconstituted a committee that was tasked with assisting the Krishna River Management Board (KRMB).
The committee is tasked with assisting the Krishna River Management Board prepare a manual on how projects, common to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, ought to be handled.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Recently released Global Wage Report 2016-17 released by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) has found that India suffers from huge gender pay gap.
It shows that India has among the worst levels of gender wage disparity (men earning more than women in similar jobs) with the gap exceeding 30%.
2. South Korea President Park Geun hye has approved a military intelligence sharing pact with Japan.
This deal mainly aims at countering the North Korean threat.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. As per the new SBI report, card transactions have fallen to a nine-month low, posing a new challenge to the government’s demonetization drive.
As per the report, the aggregate of debit and card transactions at point of source (PoS) terminals fell to a little more than Rs. 35,000 crore in November, the lowest since February.
Science & Technology:
1. China has launched a global carbon dioxide monitoring satellite to understand climate change.
The 620-kg satellite TanSat was put into orbit by Long March-2D rocket from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China’s Gobi Desert.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images