Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. An 11-day Joint Cycling Expedition of Bangladesh and Indian army was flagged off in Agartala and would cover 532 km.
The aim is to further strengthen the friendship between the two armed forces.
2. The 3rd Conference of Health/AYUSH Ministers of States/UTs was inaugurated in New Delhi.
The conference was organized to provide an opportunity to States/UT to interact with each other for the development of AYUSH sector.
3. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved North East Road Network Connectivity Project (NERNCP) Phase I for the development of 403 kms of National Highways in Meghalaya and Mizoram.
CCEA also approved a policy for grant of extension to the Production Sharing Contracts (PSC) that were awarded by Union Government for Pre-NELP Exploration Blocks before 1999.
4. The Union Cabinet approved setting up of National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (NSEBC) as a constitutional body.
Constitutional amendment bill for amending constitution mainly by insertion of Article 338B will be soon introduced in the Parliament.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Congress veteran and former Karnataka Chief Minister S M Krishna formally joined the BJP.
He also served as the Karnataka Chief Minister between 1999 and 2004.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Samsung Electronics launched a mobile payment service Samsung Pay.
It enables consumers to pay for products and services by simply waving their Samsung smartphone near a cash register.
With Samsung Pay, consumers don’t have to swipe a debit or credit card nor dole out their payment information.
2. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $350 million loan.
The loan was signed for improving about 1,500 kms of major district roads in Madhya Pradesh in line with the State’s Road Development Plan.
The project will involve upgrading roads with concrete pavements and maintain the improved road assets for a period of five years after construction.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for amending National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act, 1981.
Amendments in Act to increase authorized capital of NABARD from Rs. 5,000 crore to Rs. 30,000 crore.
Transfer of 0.4% equity of RBI in NABARD amounting to Rs. 20 crores to the Union Government.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the amendment to Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009.
The amendment seeks to ensure all teachers to acquire minimum qualifications prescribed by academic authority to extend the period for such training for 4 years up to March 2019.
Science & Technology:
1. NASA has developed the world’s first next -generation atomic clock called Deep Space Atomic Clock for deep space missions.
The clock will help in the navigation of the space crafts and astronauts.
1. World Meteorological Day is organized every year by World Meteorological Organization on 23rd March.
The theme for 2017 is Understanding Clouds, highlights the importance of clouds for weather climate and water.
2. 23rd March 2017 is celebrated as the 86th Martyrdom Day of Bhagat Singh.
On this day, Indians pay homage to three martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the country-Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, Shivaram Rajguru.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images