Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Niti Aayog chalks up plan to secure 50 medals in 2024 Olympics.
Niti Aayog has devised a short-term and medium-to-long term action plan to help India achieve 50 medals in 2024 summer Olympics.
2. Mukesh Ambani tops Forbes’ 100 Richest Indians list.
3. World’s largest solar power plant installed in Tamil Nadu.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Oxford tops the list as the world’s leading university.
Oxford University (UK) topped the list as the world’s leading university in the latest Times Higher Education world rankings index.
1. Ritu Rani retires from international hockey.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Adi Godrej conferred Clinton Global Citizen Award.
Industrialist Adi Godrej, the Chairman of Mumbai-based Godrej Group, was conferred the 10th Annual Clinton Global Citizen Award for leadership in business and philanthropy.
2. HP wins Better Performing Project Award 2015.
Himachal Pradesh has won the 2015-Better Performing Project Award for development of infrastructure in the state.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Navtej Sarna appointed India’s new envoy to US.
India’s High Commissioner to the UK, Navtej Singh Sarna, has been appointed the new Ambassador to the US. He will succeed the current envoy Arun Singh.
2. Mohan M Shantanagoudar new CJ of Kerala.
Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar was sworn in as Chief Justice of Kerala High Court at a function held at Raj Bhavan.
3. Girish Chandra Gupta sworn in as Calcutta HC chief justice.
Justice Girish Chandra Gupta was sworn in as Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Rafale deal gets green signal.
India and France have reached an agreement on acquiring 36 Rafale jets from the latter, after repeated delays over price negotiations threatened to derail the deal.
2. HDFC Bank named India’s most valuable brand.
HDFC Bank Ltd, the largest private sector bank in India, was India’s most valuable brand for the third successive year, and emerged on top of the BrandZ Top 50 Most Valuable Indian Brands ranking released by WPP Group and Kantar Millward Brown.
Image Courtesy: Google Images