Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Ministry of Textiles has decided to establish a Bunkar Mitra-Handloom Helpline Centre where experts in the field of textiles will answer professional queries of weavers.
This helpline initially will be provided in 7 languages viz., English, Hindi and 5 other regional languages Tamil, Telugu, Kannada Bengali and Assamese.
2. The NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayoga along with Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has rolled out Performance on Health Outcomes index.
This index will rank States on the basis of their performance on measurable health indicators.
3. The Odisha Government launched the Biju Sishu Surakshya Yojana.
It is a scheme to nurture the orphan and HIV-infected children residing in different child care institutions and orphanages.
The main aim of the scheme is to facilitate care and protection towards orphans and HIV infected children of the state.
4. The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has announced new passport rules by changing Passport Rules, 1980 to streamline, liberalize and ease the process of issue of passport.
The new rules aim to speed up and simplify the passport delivery process and will help single mothers, orphaned children, and sadhus obtain passports with ease.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Eminent modern Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh was chosen for the prestigious Jnanpith Award for the year 2016.
He is the 52nd recipient of Jnanpith Award.
He is sixth Bengali litterateur to bag this prestigious literary award after Tarasankar Bandyopadhyay (1966), Bishnu Dey (1971), Ashapoorna Devi (1976), Subhash Mukhopadhyay (1991) and Mahasweta Devi (1966).
2. According to Indus Valley Civilization expert Jonathan Mark Kenoyer, Harappa was peaceful in comparison with all other first civilizations cities because of its urban planning.
The efficient water supply, proper sewage treatment and good drainage systems in Harappa were main reason for conflict avoidance.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank has launched EazyPay mobile application for merchants that allows all-in-one acceptance payments platform.
This app consolidates all digital wallets, QR code, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), and credit & debit cards modes of payments.
2. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council has approved the draft Central GST (CGST) and State GST (SGST) laws along with Compensation Bill to bring the GST into implementation, country’s biggest indirect tax reform.
The CGST and SGST laws contains total of 197 provisions and five schedules.
Science & Technology:
1. The World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed confidence that a prototype vaccine for Ebola may be 100% effective in protecting against the deadly virus.
The vaccine was initially developed in Canada by public health authorities before being taken over by pharmaceutical giant Merck.
1. The National Consumer Day is observed every year in India on 24th December to highlight the importance of the consumer movement and promote the basic rights and responsibilities of all consumers.
On this day, the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had received the assent of the President.
The theme for celebration was Alternate Consumer Disputes Redressal.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images