Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The 3rd International Conference on Alternate Fuels and Raw Materials in Cement Industry -Towards Realizing Swachh Bharat Dream was inaugurated in New Delhi.
It aims to facilitate technical, regulatory and financial solutions for increasing alternate fuels and raw materials usage in the cement industry.
2. Andhra Pradesh has topped the list in linking Jan Dhan accounts with the Aadhar number.
Andhra Pradesh had linked 87.73 per cent of its Jan-Dhan accounts with Aadhaar numbers.
3. SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya has named by Fortune magazine among the world’s 50 greatest leaders who are transforming the world.
She has been ranked 26th on the list.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Ankur Mittal has won the gold medal in men’s double category at International Shooting Sports Federation World Cup in Acapulco, Mexico.
He beat Australian James Willet.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The 8th Laadli Media Awards for Gender Sensitivity 2016 (Northern and Eastern Region) were announced at the Chinmaya Mission in Delhi.
Anima Pookkunnyil, Assistant Editor with BusinessLine, and Shreya Ila Anasuya, a Delhi-based freelance journalist, were awarded this year for their critical gender-sensitive reportage.
Books & Authors:
1. The Coffee Table Book titled 50 Years – The Great Indian Milk Revolution has been launched.
It was launched to commemorate National Dairy Development Board’s (NDDB) Golden Jubilee year.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Airtel has acquired Tikona Digital Network’s 4G business for Rs.1600 crores.
The deal gives Tikona’s 4G airwaves in five circles — Gujarat, UP (East), UP (West), Himachal Pradesh, and Rajasthan.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Reserve Bank of India has accorded its approval for the appointment of T S Anantharaman as part-time Chairman of the Catholic Syrian bank.
He has been holding the position of Non-Executive Director of the bank since August 28, 2009.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. South Indian Bank has introduced Aadhar-based payment in its UPI mobile application- SIB M-Pay to promote cashless digital transactions.
It enables all bank account holders to send and receive money from their Smartphone without entering the bank account information.
2. The NSE has introduced Futures and Options (F&O) contracts in 15 individual securities.
These stocks will be available for trading from 31st March 2017.
3. The Government of India has officially notified the Third Protocol amending India Singapore Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA).
The third DTAA will come into force from 1st April 2017.
It will provide the source -based taxation of capital gains arising on the sale of shares in a company.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. A MoU was signed between Assam government and State bank of India in Dispur.
The MoU has been signed for providing loans for Housing & Higher Education Loan to the State Government Employees at the very nominal rate of interest.
1. World Tuberculosis Day is observed on 24th March each year.
It is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the disease.
The theme of 2017 is Unite to End TB.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Noted Tamil litterateur Asokamitran passed away after a brief illness, aged 85.
He won Sahitya Academy Awards for his work Appavin Snegithargal in 1996.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images