Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved opening of one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) in each of the 62 uncovered districts.
These JNVs will provide good quality modern education to the talented children prominently from rural areas.
Nearly 35,000 students will be benefitted from these JNVs.
2. The Union Defence Ministry is planning to relook at defence blacklist guidelines for dealing with global defence firms engaged in corruption in arms deals.
Thus, under recently released new policy called ‘Guidelines of the Ministry of Defence for penalties in business dealings with entities’ the Union Defence Ministry will “re-ascertain” the list of companies banned from doing business in India.
3. The fifth International Tourism Mart has begun in Imphal, Manipur.
It will be held between 23– 25 November 2016.
The event has been organized by the Union Ministry of Tourism in association with the North Eastern States and West Bengal.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian journalist Malini Subramaniam was conferred with the 2016 International Press Freedom Award.
She has been honored for her reporting from the Naxal-infested Bastar area and for the commitment to a free press.
2. Airtel Payments Bank Limited or Airtel Bank became the first payments bank in the country to launch live banking services in Rajasthan.
The pilot phase of the Airtel bank launched in Rajasthan aims at testing systems and processes ahead of a full scale pan Indian launch.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. US President Donald Trump has named Indian-American Governor of South Carolina State, Nikki Haley for the high-profile post of US ambassador to the United Nations.
She becomes the first Indian-American to be appointed to a Cabinet-level post in any US administration.
2. The Union Government has appointed Yudhvir Singh Malik as the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
He will succeed outgoing chairman Raghav Chandra who has been moved as secretary to the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Government has allowed National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to disburse Rs 21,000 crore to help cash-starved farmers to sow Rabi crops.
The money will be disbursed by NABARD to District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) which will enable them to pass on grant funds to the primary agriculture cooperatives.
Science & Technology:
1. Andhra Pradesh Government has launched the ‘Smart Water Distribution Monitoring’ web interface.
The monitoring portal is a part of ourvmc.org from where it can be accessed.
Using this portal people can check the status of drinking water in the water tanks nearby
2. China has successfully launched its fourth data satellite named Tianlian I-04.
The satellite will join its three predecessors to achieve global network operation.
2. The upgraded Jaguar DARIN III twin-seat aircraft has received Initial Operation Clearance (IOC).
It is considered as a significant milestone for the country’s military aviation sector.
The satisfactory completion of IOC was announced by Deputy Chief of IAF, Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria who had flown the aircraft at HAL airport in Bengaluru.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images