Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Cabinet approved a revised Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income between India and Cyprus.
The revised DTAA provides for source-based taxation of capital gains on transfer of shares instead of one based on residence.
2. The two-day meeting of Ministers of Disaster Management (MDM) of BRICS countries concluded in Udaipur, Rajasthan with the adoption of the Udaipur Declaration.
This was the second meeting and in the follow-up of the first meeting of the BRICS MDM convened by the Russia in St. Petersburg in April 2016.
International – Across the Globe:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee launched Akashvani Maitree (Moitree) Channel and its multimedia website in the Bengali language for listeners in West Bengal, Bangladesh, and the adjoining areas.
It is an initiative of Kolkata Akashvani Kendra that will provide a platform for blending content both from India and Bangladesh and preserving Bengali culture.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Wrestler Sakshi Malik was named as Haryana’s brand ambassador for Beti Bachao, Beti Padao campaign in Haryana.
She had won the bronze medal in wrestling at 2016 Rio Olympics in the 58 kg category and created history by becoming first women from India to win Olympics medal in wrestling.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for introduction of the Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 to banning commercial surrogacy in the country.
It will ensure effective regulation of surrogacy, prohibit commercial surrogacy and allow ethical surrogacy to the needy infertile couples.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the signing of a MoU between India and Myanmar in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
The MoU will provide structured framework for the promotion of AYUSH/Traditional Systems of Medicine in Myanmar.
2. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of new Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Fiji.
It will update the existing ASA between the two countries which was signed in January 1974.
3. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Africa to establish cooperation in Grassroots Innovation.
The MoU was signed in pursuance to the Inter-Government Agreement between two countries for cooperation in Science & Technology in July 2016 at Pretoria, South Africa.
Science & Technology:
1. The Union Government has launched Accessible E-Library ‘Sugamya Pustakalaya’ for Divyang under Prime Minister’s Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan.
It is an online library for Divyang and houses publications across diverse subjects and languages and multiple accessible formats.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images