Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India
1. Rajasthan has become the second largest crude oil producer in the country.
The state was producing nearly 90 lakh tones oil annually, which is 24 percent of the total domestic crude oil production.
2. Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi has announced the setting up of a compensation fund under Nirbhaya scheme to provide financial help to children who are victims of sexual crimes.
International – Across the Globe
1. China for the first time became Germany’s most important trading partner in 2016.
Federal Statistics Office figures showed that German imports from and exports to China rose to 170 billion euros ($180 billion) last year.
2. Pakistan army has launched nationwide military operation ‘Radd-ul-Fasaad’.
The aim is to eliminate terrorists and consolidate gains of its counter-terrorism operations.
1. The famous that commenced on 31 Jan 2017 saw a thrilling final match on Friday between 61 CAVALRY and Army Service Corps after a tough round of league matches which also saw participation from Corps of Artillery, Remount and Veterinary Corps and Armored Corps.
Army has dominated Equestrian Sports for a long time producing a large number of Asian Games medalists, World Cup players, Padam Shree and Arjuna awardees and is pursuing it as part of its Mission Olympics programme.
2. Ace Indian shuttler PV Sindhu, who is the first Indian woman athlete has accepted a government job which was offered by the Andhra Pradesh Government following her Rio de Janeiro triumph.
She has been working with Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) since 2013 and is currently an assistant manager (sports) at its Hyderabad office.
Awards & Recognition
1. The government has roped in actress Shilpa Shetty as a brand ambassador for the Modi government’s cleanliness initiative Swachh Bharat Mission.
The actress will feature in TV and radio campaigns aimed at discouraging people from littering on roads.
Appointments & Resignations
1. A political newcomer Hassan Ali Khaire, a former oil company executive has been appointed as Somalia’s new Prime Minister.
The appointment was announced shortly before Mohamed, also known as Farmajo, departed to Saudi Arabia for his first foreign trip since his election.
2. Former Nagaland Chief Minister T R Zeliang was on Saturday appointed as Finance Advisor to the state government in the rank of a cabinet minister.
Zeliang, appointed by the Governor P B Acharya, will receive the pay and allowances and all other facilities admissible to a cabinet minister.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
1. Andhra Pradesh government has signed a MoUs with Visa and Thomson Reuters.
Visa, the leading global payments network, will help transform Vishakhapatnam into India’s first “less cash” city.
The state government also signed a MoU with Thomson Reuters for cooperation in Fintech initiatives in the state.
Science & Technology
1. Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) has launched a mobile application for Goods and Services Tax (GST) to inform the taxpayers of the latest updates on GST.
The Mobile Application enables taxpayers to be well informed of the latest updates on GST.
2. NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope has revealed the first known system of seven Earth-size planets around a single star.
Three of these planets are firmly located in the habitable zone, the area around the parent star where a rocky planet is most likely to have liquid water.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images