Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government is planning to redraw Red Corridor by reducing the number of Maoist affected districts by about a fifth.
In this regard, approximately 20 of the 106 districts which have been described as being Maoist-affected and are part of the Red Corridor may be removed from the list.
2. The India’s first Green Rail Corridor was inaugurated on the 114-km long Rameshwaram-Manamadurai stretch in Tamil Nadu.
The Green Rail Corridor ensures zero toilet discharge on rail tracks as part of its commitment to clean environment under the ‘Swachh Rail-Swachh Bharat’ initiative.
1. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain) has won the 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix title of Formula One.
It his overall fourth Hungarian Grand Prix title after winning it in 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2013.
Thus he holds record of most wins with 5 wins.
2. Indian shooter Manavaditya Rathore has won the trap bronze medal in the Champion of Champions match at the Junior World Cup in Porpetto, Italy. Manavaditya won the bronze medal in trap event.
Anant Naruka also won a bronze medal in the Champion of Champions in skeet event of the Junior World Cup.
3. Top Indian wrestler Narsingh Yadav failed a dope test after he was tested positive for a banned substance steroid.
With this, his participation in 2016 Rio Olympics has been jeopardized and if found guilty by the disciplinary panel, he may face a four-year suspension.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Renowned violinist Avasarala Kanyakumari from south India was selected for the prestigious 2016 Sangita Kalanidhi Award.
She becomes first female violinist chosen in the history of this prestigious award.
Science & Technology:
1. China has completed the production of the world’s largest amphibious aircraft dubbed as the AG600.
It was unveiled by the state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) in the southern port city of Zhuhai.
2. Brazilian scientists have identified Culex quinquefasciatus mosquito infected by the Zika virus as another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito.
3. Scientists are working towards storing digital data in the base sequence of DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid).
Thus they are seeking to make the genetic material capable to store data for long time in durable format as an archive data for the future.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images