Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched MoP&NG e-Seva.
It is an integrated grievances redressal platform across social media for all Oil & Gas related service issues.
It will also deliver 24 x 7 support for consumers.
2. The Carpet Export Promotion Council is organizing the 33rd India Carpet Expo from 27th-30th March 2017 in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
The Expo, one of Asia’s largest handmade carpet fairs that will be inaugurated by the Union Textiles Minister, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani.
3. The two-day Houston India Conference was hosted by Asia Society Texas Center from 24th March 2017.
The theme of the Conference is Make in India -The Inside Story.
It aims to bring together various constituencies and discuss the latest developments and the best practices of doing business in India.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Six Indian Americans are nominated for the prestigious Ellis Island Medal of Honor 2017. Here are the names:
Indra Nooyi- PepsiCo CEO.
Fareed Zakaria- Author.
Dinesh Paliwal- Harman International Industries chairman CEO.
Annapoorna S Kini.
Yashvant Patel, Mohan H Patel.
Adil Haider- Pakistani-American.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Renowned pulmonologist Randeep Guleria has been appointed as the Director of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
He will succeed Dr. M C Mishra, who retired in January after serving for over three years.
2. BJP legislator Michael Lobo was elected as the Deputy speaker of the Goa Assembly.
He is a two-time MLA from Goa’s Calangute constituency and defeated Congress nominee Izidore Fernandes.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Central Board of Direct Taxes has formed the committee to check absconding I-T department officers.
The 3-member committee will carry out a one-time count of all the officers and identify those Group ‘A’ officers (Indian Revenue Service) who are presently on unauthorized leave or are absconding.
2. Microfinance platform Disha plans to launch of its small finance bank (SFB) followed by 30-40 branches.
It will offer products such as gold loans and micro-enterprise loans to rural customers.
1. The International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade was observed globally on 25 March 2017.
The theme for 2017 is -Remember Slavery: Recognizing the Legacy and Contributions of People of African Descent.
The theme highlights the persistent spirit and innovation of the enslaved people.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images