Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur is India’s highest-ranked institution features in the Top 100 QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2016- 17.
It’s the only Indian institution other than IIT Bombay to feature in top 100.
2. India has been ranked 138th in the 2016 ICT Development Index out of a total of 175 countries. In 2015, India ranked 135th position.
The index was released as part of the annual measuring the Information Society Report for 2016 of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU).
3. The Palampur Assembly Constituency of Kangra district, Himachal Pradesh became the first e-assembly constituency of the country.
The system will help the residents of the constituency to know about the development works going on by one click on the computer.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Turkey will chair the Energy Club of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in 2017, becoming the first non-SCO country to hold its term presidency.
Earlier, only members of the SCO had assumed the term presidency of the Energy Club.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The OMQ (Ore, Mines & Quarries) Division of Tata Steel has been conferred with the Aqua Foundation’s Excellence Award 2016 under the category of Sustainable Development in Mining Sector.
The award was given away at an international conference, organized on sidelines of ‘Water: Smart Solutions for Growing India’ in New Delhi.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Government has imposed safeguard duty on import of certain steel products to protect domestic manufacturers from cheap in-bound shipments.
It was imposed by the Revenue Department on steel products like hot rolled flat sheets and plates of alloy (excluding hot rolled flat products in coil form) or non-alloy steel.
2. YES Bank, the fifth largest private sector bank, has announced a partnership with Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) to digitize payment of bus tickets for its customers.
For this the bank will install over 125 points of sale (PoS) terminals to facilitate booking through credit and debit cards at all GSRTC bus depots.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet has approved an introduction of the Merchant Shipping Bill, 2016 in the Parliament.
The bill is a revamped version of the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958.
It seeks to repeal Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 as well the Coasting Vessels Act, 1838.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Colombian Government has signed revised peace agreement with the country’s largest rebel movement, Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).
The revised document was signed between President Juan Manual Santos and FARC leader Rodrigo Londono in Bogota, capital city of Colombia.
Science & Technology:
1. State-run power equipment maker BHEL has commissioned a 93 MW steam turbine-based captive power plant (CPP) at Hazira in Gujarat for Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL).
This is the second unit of the 4×93 MW steam turbine-based CPP, being set up by BHEL for RIL at Hazira.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images