Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Urja Ganga, the highly ambitious gas pipeline project in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
This project aims to provide piped cooking (PNG) gas to residents of the eastern region of the country and CNG gas for the vehicles.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first National Tribal Carnival in New Delhi to promote a sense of inclusiveness among the tribals.
The main purpose of this four-day carnival is to promote a sense of inclusiveness among the tribals.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Two doctors Randeep Guleria (Head of Pulmonology- SGRH)) and C.S. Yadav (All India Institute of Medical Sciences-AIIMS) have been selected for the prestigious Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy Award.
They both received the award for excellence in the field of medicine.
2. A team from the Indian Army’s Gorkha Rifles has won a gold medal at one of the most grueling exercises in the world.
Team 2/8 Gorkha was awarded a gold medal in Exercise Cambrian Patrol organized by the British Army.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Tata Sons Board has appointed Ratan Tata as the interim chairman of the group.
Ratan Tata replaced Cyrus Mistry after his resignation.
2. Miss International India 2016, Rewati Chetri has been officially appointed as `Visit Japan Ambassador’ by the Commissioner of Japan Tourism Agency, Ministry of Tourism, Land & Infrastructure and Transport of the Japanese Government.
She has been also presented as India’s face at Miss International 2016 in Tokyo Japan,
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has amended the Conduct of Election Rules, 1961 to facilitate the e-transfer of postal ballot.
The new rules empower a returning officer in any constituency to send postal ballots to an eligible voter by electronic means as specified by the ECI.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Andhra Pradesh government has signed an agreement with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
The agreement aims to promote innovation in financial services in their respective markets.
Science & Technology:
1. Microsoft has launched its first cybersecurity engagement center in India in the heart of Delhi.
It will help the government and the private sector organizations to deal with cyber-attacks.
2. ISRO has started a series of ground and aerial tests linked to the critical Moon landing of Chandrayaan-2.
3. According to the World Meteorological Organization’s (WMO) annual Greenhouse Gas Bulletin level of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in the atmosphere has reached a record high.
The globally averaged concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere reached to 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time in 2015.
It is expected to surge again to new records in 2016 on the back of the very powerful El Niño event.
3. China’s experimental space lab Tiangong-2 orbiting the Earth with two astronauts on board has successfully launched a micro-satellite Banxing-2.
The two astronauts were launched into space onboard of the Shenzhou-11 spacecraft carried two astronauts on 11 October 2016.
1. 24 October is celebrated as United Nations Day since 1948.
This year UN Day was celebrated to highlight concrete actions people can take to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
1. Tom Hayden, a 1960s anti-war activist has died aged 76 in Santa Monica, California, after a long illness.
He was one of the era’s most prominent, counter-culture radicals who went on to serve in the California state assembly and senate.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images