Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The National Conference on Agriculture for Kharif Campaign – 2017 was organized on 25th and 26th April 2017 at New Delhi.
The Conference was inaugurated by Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
2. The government has announced the names of ten new Iconic places under the Phase II of Swachh Iconic Places initiative.
The ten new iconic places are: Gangotri, Yamunotri, Mahakaleshwar Temple (Ujjain), Char Minar (Hyderabad), Church and Convent of St. Francis of Assissi (Goa), Adi Shankaracharya’s abode Kaladi in Ernakulam, Gomateshwar in Shravanbelgola, Baijnath Dham (Devghar), Gaya Tirth (Bihar) and Somnath temple in Gujarat.
3. M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 47th Foundation Day of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd. (HUDCO).
He urged the organization to realize the vision of “Housing for All” – “Sabka Sapna, Ghar ho Apna”.
4. Joint operational doctrine aimed at providing deeper operational synergies among the tri-services was unveiled by the chairman of the chiefs of staff committee (COSC) and Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba.
The doctrine is aimed at coherently dealing with all possible security threats faced by India such as conventional and proxy wars.
This document is the second edition of the joint doctrine.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The International conference on Dara Shikoh: Reclaiming Spiritual Legacy of India will be held on 27th & 28th April 2017.
The conference will be organized by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR).
The conference will see the participation of eminent scholars from the US, Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and India.
2. The International Road federation (IRF) has named India to be the host of the 18th World Road Meeting (WRM 2017).
WRM 2017 will be held on 13th November 2017.
The theme of this year’s WRM is ‘Safe Roads and Smart Mobility: The Engines of Economic Growth’.
Sports & Athletics:
1. India finished with a rich haul of three gold, two silver and 11 bronze medals at the US Open Karate Championship held in Las Vegas.
Shaifali Agarwal, Abhishek Sengupta won a gold medal, a silver in two different individual events. India also won a gold medal in the team event.
The Indian team was led by Sensei Yashpal Singh Kalsi and Members of the Indian contingent.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Vani Jairam, the versatile playback singer in the South Indian film industry, was presented with the Ghantasala national award at a function held in Andhra Pradesh.
The award is instituted by the Ghantasala National Art Academy in Andhra Pradesh.
2. GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd. (GHIAL), has won the coveted Golden Peacock Business Excellence Award (GPBEA) 2017 in the large-scale industry-Transportation-Aviation category.
YES BANK Limited has been awarded the Golden Peacock Innovative Product/Service Award 2017.
Golden Peacock National Training Award was given to State Bank of India, Life Insurance Corporation of India and Bangalore International Airport Limited.
3. GNFC has won the prestigious Golden Globe Tigers Award for Excellence and Leadership in CSR for the year 2017 in the category of ‘E-Payment Leadership’.
GNFC has been awarded for the implementation of digital transactions in its township at Bharuch (Gujarat).
Award was given to GNFC at Golden Globe Tigers Night 2017 held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
4. President Pranab Mukherjee was bestowed with a D Litt degree by the Goa University during the 29th annual convocation of the university at Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium.
Goa Governor Mridula Sinha, who is also the university’s chancellor, awarded the degree to Mukherjee.
5. India’s youngest ever chancellor Dileep K Nair, has received Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Foundation Kerala State award for the year 2016-17.
He was awarded for his excellent performance in the field of education.
6. Microsoft Co-founder Bill Gates has praised PM Narendra Modi for the Swachh Bharat Mission.
He mentioned the mission’s aim of building 75 million toilets across India, and at present 30% of India’s villages are now open defecation free.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Yes Bank has announced alliance with paisabazar.com.
The bank will help Paisabazaar.com through its advanced analytics and data mining capabilities to offer customers of the financial marketplace with customized and conditionally approved offers across retail lending products.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Etihad Aviation Group appointed Robin Kamark as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Airline Equity Partners.
Kamark will take over the position from Bruno Matheu, who has held the role since May 2016.
2. The White House has named a retired Marine major general Randolph Ailes as the new Director of the Secret Service.
Ailes is replacing Joseph Clancy, who retired from the agency.
3. The government of Kazakhstan has appointed the Chairman of Kirtilals Jewellers Suraj Shantakumar as its Honorary Consul.
He was appointed as Honorary Consul for the southern states i.e Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala.
4. Israel appointed its first female judge Hana Khatib in its Muslim sharia court system.
Khatib will be sworn in by Israeli President Reuven Rivlin in a few weeks.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) has launched a financial literacy mobile app for microfinance clients.
It is aimed to help microfinance clients in understanding the dynamics involved in microfinance, including credit history, interest rates, repayment cycles and their rights as a borrower.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The agriculture ministry has unveiled The State/UT Agricultural Produce and Livestocks Marketing (promotion and facilitation) Act, 2017
It was done in order to give more freedom to farmers to sell their produce.
The Act defined each state/UT as a single unified market area.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Armenia have signed three agreements after Vice President Hamid Ansari held a bilateral meeting with Armenian Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan in Yerevan, Armenia. The Three agreements are
The two countries signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on peaceful uses of outer space.
Another MoU on cooperation in youth matters and a program of cultural cooperation for the years 2017-2020.
The two countries are celebrating the 25th anniversary of their diplomatic ties.
Science & Technology:
1. NASA launched its football-stadium-sized, heavy-lift super pressure balloon (SPB) from Wanaka, New Zealand.
The super-pressure balloon test flight is now on a mission designed to run 100 or more days.
2. Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K) has launched an application named Kaapi Soil Health Management and Monitoring (Kshemam) app.
It aims to provide soil nutrient information and fertilizer recommendation for coffee plantation owners.
The app will help in proper identification of optimum levels of fertilizer use.
3. China has launched its first domestically built aircraft carrier ‘(Type 001A)’, which was bought from Ukraine.
The launching ceremony took place in Dalian, Liaoning province, China.
4. The Cassini spacecraft begins a series of dives into the space between Saturn and its magnificent rings.
A series of 22 orbits that will bring Cassini increasingly closer to Saturn’s surface before crashing into it, is called the spacecraft’s grand finale.
To mark this final journey, Cassini is being honored with a Google Doodle.
1. World Intellectual Property Day (WIP) is celebrated on 26th April to learn about the role that intellectual property rights (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyright) play in encouraging innovation and creativity.
WIP Day is organized by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
Theme for 2017 – Innovation – Improving Lives.
2. International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day observed on 26th April 2017.
The day is celebrated to commemorate the victims of explosion at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in 1986 that spread a radioactive cloud over large parts of the Soviet Union Federation.
Nearly 8.4 million people in the Belarus, Ukraine and Russia countries were exposed to the radiation.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images