Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. After Goa and Delhi, Telangana has become the third state to inaugurate south India’s first Children’s Court was inaugurated in Hyderabad.
This court is a child-friendly court and sixth in the country with features like separate waiting rooms for children and a video camera trial for the accused, mandated under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POSCO) Act-2012.
2. The Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) & Parliamentary Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched new Hindi website and updated and revamped English website of the Minority Affairs Ministry.
3. In a first-ever major overhaul, IITs across the country have blacklisted 30 companies, including 28 start-ups, for one year with immediate effect which meant they can’t take part in forthcoming campus placements season.
These companies are banned for a year and hence they can’t take part in forthcoming campus placements.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The United States Postal Service (USPS) announced to commemorate the joyous Hindu festival of Diwali with the launch of Forever stamp.
The first-day-of-issue dedication ceremony of the Forever Stamp will take place at the Consulate General of India, New York on 5 October 2016.
2. Forbes released the list of The World’s Highest-Paid Actresses 2016.
Indian actress Deepika Padukone is the only Indian star to make the cut.
Jennifer Lawrence topped the Forbes magazine list for the second straight year with earnings of 46 million US dollars.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo has been voted UEFA’s 2015-16 Best Player in Europe ahead of Real Madrid team mate Gareth Bale and Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann.
Ronaldo scored 51 goals in 48 games in all competitions for Real who won the Champions League and finished runners-up to Barcelona in La Liga
Awards & Recognition:
1. The GPS-enabled mobile app of the Telangana Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust bagged this year’s Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)’s healthcare excellence award.
It is the IInd award for the app having secured the ‘Elite Smart Healthcare Conclave’ for being the most important mobile app in the nation.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. A travel insurance cover of up to Rs 10 lakh can be availed while a booking train ticket online by paying less than one rupee from August 31.
The new facility will be available to all passengers excluding those travelling on suburban trains while booking online irrespective of the class.
1. Akhlaq Ur Rahman (AR) Kidwai passed away following a brief illness. He was 96.
He served as Governor of States including Bihar, West Bengal and Haryana, for a record period of 17 years.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images