Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has launched ‘Smart Consumer’ mobile App and an ‘Online Consumer Mediation Centre (OCMC)’ to provide speedy redressal of consumer grievances.
A helpline 14404 was also launched for consumer related grievances on National Consumer Day (24th December).
2. The foundation stone of India’s first 2G (Second Generation) Ethanol Bio-refinery was laid at Tarkhanwala village in Bathinda, Punjab.
Central Government Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is setting up this project at a cost of 600 crore Rupees.
3. The Union Government launched Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for Merchants to promote digital transaction.
These schemes aim at encouraging people to move towards significantly higher usage of digital transactions through the offer of incentives.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated a new campus of National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) at Patalganga in Mumbai.
NISM is an educational initiative of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
Awards & Recognition:
1. As many as 6,117 Kuchipudi dancers set a new Guinness World Record by performing together in a single event in Vijayawada district of Andhra Pradesh.
The Guinness World Record adjudicated for the 12-minute “Jayamu Jayamu” item as the ‘Largest Kuchipudi dance’ performance.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Google India has collaborated with the Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs to launch nationwide Digitally Safe Consumer campaign.
It will raise awareness among consumers about online safety and better protect consumer interest online.
The campaign is expected to be rolled out in January 2017.
Science & Technology:
1. The Defence and Research Development Organization (DRDO) successfully flight tested Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from Indian Air Force (IAF) aircraft at integrated test range in Chandipur, Odisha.
SAAW is an indigenously designed and developed 120-kilogram class smart weapon. It has been developed by DRDO.
2. A team of UK-based researchers has identified Hafnium carbide (HfC) and Tantalum carbide (TaC) as the world’s most heat resistant material.
They can withstand record melting point temperatures up to 3958°C (approx 4000°C).
New Laser-heating techniques were used to find the temperature at which TaC and HfC melted, both separately and in mixed compositions.
3. US-based scientists have developed a bacteria-powered battery (bio-battery) on a single sheet of paper, which is capable of powering disposable electronics.
The paper-based bacteria-powered battery design is part of a new field of research called papertronics, which is a fusion of paper and electronics.
4. Scientists from Canada have developed the first functional pacemaker cells using human pluripotent stem cells.
The cells can regulate heart-beats with electrical impulses.
It paves the way for alternate biological pacemaker therapy.
5. India successfully test-fired its home-grown long range intercontinental surface-to-surface nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-5.
The state-of-the-art surface-to-surface missile was test fired successfully from the launch complex 4 of the Integrated Test Range from the Abdul Kalam Wheeler Island off Odisha coast.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images