Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India has contributed US 100,000 dollars to the in support of victims of sexual exploitation and abuse by peacekeepers.
With this India became the first country to make a contribution to the fund and to start UN fund for sex abuse victims.
2. The fourth edition of the Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival commenced in Guwahati.
It pays homage to the rich culture of northeast India and is dedicated to the film fraternity of the region.
International – Across the Globe:
1. According to the industry’s representative body Nasscom, the Global software major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is the top employer in the Indian IT industry.
The list is followed by Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro respectively.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. US internet firm Yahoo is being acquired by American telecom giant Verizon Communications for $4.8bn (32000 Crore) in cash.
Yahoo will be combined with AOL, another faded internet star, which Verizon bought last year
2. According to the Global payments leader SWIFT, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank have become the first domestic lenders to sign up for its global payments innovation initiative, which already has over 70 other leading banks globally.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Former Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) official Dr. Budha Rashmi Mani was appointed as Director General (DG) of National Museum.
He is also serving as the General Secretary of the Indian Archaeological Society (IAS). He edits the journal Puratattva of IAS.
2. BJP leader and New Delhi MP Meenakshi Lekhi has been appointed as the chairperson of the Committee of Privileges of the Lok Sabha.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Finance Ministers from the Group of 20 (G-20) major economies have pledged to boost the global economy, which is showing a weak recovery.
They expressed concern about Britain’s plan to leave the European Union and how Brexit will affect the world’s economy.
2. The RBI has imposed penalties of Rs 5 crore and Rs 3 crore on PSU lenders Bank of Baroda and Punjab National Bank, respectively.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Lok Sabha has passed Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2016 or opening six new IITs.
The Bill seeks to amend the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 to add six new IITs as institutions of national importance.
1. Former India International footballer Marto Gracias passed away in Mumbai on Sunday evening following a cardiac arrest. He was 75.
The striker is best remembered for his performance in the 1967 Merdeka Cup in Kuala Lumpur, where he scored four goals.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images