Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India hosted the 13th edition of the World Robot Olympiad on the sidelines of trade fair in New Delhi.
This is for first time India hosted World Robot Olympiad.
It has been organized by National Council of Science Museums (NCSM), Ministry of Culture in collaboration with the India STEM Foundation (ISF).
2. Indian Railways will soon introduce Tri-Netra (terrain imaging for diesel drivers infrared, enhanced optical and radar assisted) system on its trains to reduce train accidents.
Tri-Netra is an advance system is made up of a high-resolution optical video camera, high-sensitivity infrared video camera and a radar-based terrain mapping system.
These three components will act as three eyes (Tri-Netra) of the Locomotive Pilot.
3. Hundreds of Garo tribals gathered here recently to celebrate the harvest festival of Wangala with much fervour here.
The festival marks the end of a period of toil for farmers wanting a good output from their fields.
1. Former Liverpool and England football captain Steven Gerrard has announced the end of his playing career.
Gerrard made 710 appearances for Liverpool and won 8 trophies including champions’ league. He played 114 matches for England.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian boxer M C Mary Kom is all set to get ‘Legends Award’ from the International Boxing Association (AIBA) on its 70th anniversary on December 20.
An Olympic bronze medallist and a five-time world champion, Mary Kom is also Rajya Sabha MP now.
2. Indian actor Manoj Bajpayee has won the best performance award by an actor at the 10th Asia Pacific Screen Awards beating Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who was awarded a special mention in the same category.
Bajpayee won the award for his performance as Professor Siras in “Aligarh” directed by Hansal Mehta.
Nawazuddin won the award for his role in Kashyap’s “Raman Raghav 2.0″
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Upma Chowdhary was appointed as new Director of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) at Mussoorie.
She will be the 23rd director and first woman director of LBSNAA. She will replace Rajeev Kapoor.
2. The Chancellor of Nalanda University, George Yeo, resigned citing that earlier he was assured of the University’s autonomy but now things had changed.
Yeo was appointed Chancellor in July 2015.
3. The Tata Steel board has sacked Cyrus Mistry as chairman and replaced him with OP Bhatt, an independent director.
He has earlier worked as SBI chairman. However, Mistry remains a director of Tata Steel.
4. Naspers-backed PayU India has announced the appointment of Maneesh Goel as its new chief financial officer.
As part of his new role at the company, Goel will directly report to Aakash Moondhra, CFO of PayU Global.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Government has constituted a new committee to form a strategy to expedite the process of transforming India into a cashless economy.
The committee will be headed by Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
It has been tasked with identifying various bottlenecks affecting access of digital payments.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Navy’s seventh landing craft utility (LCU) L-57 was launched by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) in Kolkata, West Bengal.
LCU L-57 is the largest ship of this kind built anywhere in the world.
It is the seventh vessel in the series of eight LCU Ships being designed and built by GRSE for the Indian Navy.
2. Scientists from the Czech Republic have developed a model of a functioning human lung using 3D printing and other technologies.
It has received three patents for its modeling.
The model was developed by the research group from the Brno University of Technology.
It can be used to simulate problems like asthma or other chronic diseases and their treatments.
1. The Samvidhan Diwas (Constitution Day) of India is being observed on 26th November to spread awareness of Indian Constitution.
On this day in 1949, the constitution of India was adopted and came into force on January 26, 1950 marking the beginning of a new era in the history of free India.
1. Cuba’s former president and leader of the Communist revolution Fidel Castro passed away due to old age. He was 90.
He was commander in chief of the 1959 Cuban revolution 1959 and had successfully built a communist state on the doorstep of the United States during Cold War.
2. Eminent Journalist and intellectual Dileep Padgaonkar passed away in Pune, Maharashtra after brief illness. He was 72.
Padgaonkar along with Prof. Radha Kumar and Information Commissioner Prof. M M Ansari were part of the three-member interlocutors’ team chosen by the Union Government in 2010 to design a road map for peace in strife-torn Jammu and Kashmir.
3. Russian aircraft designer and co-creator of the MiG-29 fighter jet Ivan Mikoyan passed away. He was 89.
He had the majority of his career as a leading engineer at the ‘MiG’ Aircraft Corporation’s design bureau, which was founded by his uncle Artyom Mikoyan.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images