Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Uttarakhand High Court ordered state government to completely ban on the sale of whitener in the state following the death of a teenager from sniffing an excess of it.
The High Court issued the order by taking suo motu cognisance of the death of the 14-year-old boy due to sniffing excess whitener for a kick.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has been placed at 130th position among the 190 countries in the recently released World Bank’s ease of doing business index for the year 2017.
The index was released as part of the World Bank’s annual report Doing Business 2017: Equal Opportunity for All.
2. India has been ranked 87th out of 144 countries on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Gender Gap Report 2016.
India has climbed 21 spots from 108th position in 2015.
3. The fourth edition of the India-Sri Lanka Joint Military Exercise ‘MITRA SHAKTI 2016’ began at Sinha Regimental Centre in Ambepussa, Sri Lanka.
The main focus of this edition of joint exercise is to enhance interoperability while carrying out Counter Terrorism (CT) and Counter Insurgency (CI) operations under the UN Mandate.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The Uttar Pradesh government has declared the list of Yash Bharati awardees 2016.
54 personalities have been selected for the coveted award for the year 2016-17.
Some of the prominent names are Bollywood actor Naseeruddin Shah, PayTM CEO Vijay Shekhar, Paralympic athlete Varun Kumar, Qawwali singers Aftab and Hashim (Sabri Brothers), Film director Saurabh Shukla.
2. Almatti dam, one of the largest reservoirs in Karnataka, was chosen for the World Bank’s Award of Excellence.
The award was given for best utilization of funds for renovation to enhance the strength of the dam.
2. Paul Beatty has won the 2016 Man Booker Prize.
With this he becomes the first US author to win this prestigious literary award.
He was bestowed with this award for his racial satirical novel ‘The Sellout’ at a ceremony held in London’s Guildhall.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Flipkart chief financial officer Sanjay Baweja has quit the company, just under two years of joining India’s largest e-commerce marketplace.
He had joined Flipkart in November 2014 from Tata Communications where he was serving as the Global CFO.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Telecom Ministry has formed a committee to look into the regulator TRAI’s recommendation of a Rs. 3,050 crore penalty on top three telcos — Airtel, Vodafone and Idea.
The committee has been asked to give a report on the recommendations soon likely to be before 15 November 2016.
Science & Technology:
1. According to study conducted by researchers from University of Idaho, US Uranus may have two tiny, previously undiscovered moons orbiting near two of the planet’s rings.
These two moons were detected by researchers after analysing decades-old images of Uranus’ icy rings taken by NASA’s Voyager 2 spacecraft which had flown by the planet 30 years ago.
1. Former Brazilian soccer captain Carlos Alberto, who scored one of the greatest goals in World Cup history while captaining Brazil to glory in 1970 final against Italy, has died aged 72 following a heart attack.
The classy defender played for Fluminense, Santos, Flamengo and New York Cosmos and earned the nickname ‘The Captain’ for his leadership qualities.
2. Former Uruguayan president Jorge Batlle passed away after suffering a head injury from a fall on October 14 in the city of Tacuarembó.
He was President of Uruguay between 2000 and 2005.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images