Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) e-box, in New Delhi.
POCSO e-box is an online complaint management system for easy and direct reporting of sexual offences against children and timely action against offenders under POCSO Act, 2012.
2. The Union Finance Ministry has constituted 11 members high-level committee to suggest steps to promote card payments with an aim to discourage cash transactions.
The 11-member committee will be headed by Principle Adviser for social sector in NITI Aayog and former Finance Secretary Ratan P Watal.
3. Maharashtra Government has unveiled ambitious Mumbai-Nagpur Super Communication Expressway project in Mumbai.
The 46,000-crore rupee ambitious project will create state-of-the art road connectivity within a period of three years and give a fillip to investment in the state.
4. The 22nd edition of the Delhi Book Fair (DBF) began at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
The nine day event will conclude on 4th of September 2016.
International – Across the Globe:
1. United States is going to create world’s largest protected marine reserve area named as Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument off the Hawaiian coast.
It will be created by expansion of present national monument off Hawaii.
2. Pakistan is going to host the 19th SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Summit in Islamabad (capital city) and Murree on November 9 and 10, 2016.
It will be the meeting of the head of states or head of government of the eight SAARC countries.
Science & Technology:
1. The world’s first self-driving taxi service was launched in Singapore.
This launch is significant as it offer technology demonstration that could revolutionize the future transport industry.
The Singapore government had given its approval nuTonomy to conduct the self-driving taxi trial for the public.
2. The National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR) has identified and registered nine new breeds of indigenous farm (livestock and poultry) animals.
These new indigenous breeds were registered based on scientifically produced evidence.
3. Scientists in Japan studying earthquakes for the first time have detected a rare deep-Earth tremor, known as an S (secondary) wave microseism.
Microseisms are very faint tremors.
The detection was made by scientists from the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention in Japan.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images