Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Mumbai, which is home to 46,000 millionaires and 28 billionaires, is the richest Indian city with a total wealth of $ 820 billion.
Delhi with a total wealth of $ 450 billion is second richest Indian city.
Bengaluru with a total wealth of $ 320 billion is the third richest Indian city.
2. The government has framed infrastructure policy to check emerging challenges of urbanization.
The policy aims to promote living close to mass public transport corridors like metro, monorail and bus rapid transit.
3. The Haryana government has set up an online system for Panipat to monitor the sex-ratio in the district as part of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme.
The system will have the data of child sex-ratio collected from all villages by the Health and Women and Child Welfare Departments every month.
4. The CM Raghubar Das announced that his government would soon ban the use of polythene bags in the State.
The main objective behind the ban is to develop Jharkhand as “Clean Jharkhand, Green Jharkhand and Swach Jharkhand “.
International – Across the Globe
1. The world’s first robot table tennis tutor in Japan has set a new Guinness World Record for its uncanny ability of being able to play the game better than most humans.
The robot named FORPHEUS (Future Omron Robotics Technology for Exploring Possibility of Harmonized automation with Sinic Theoretics).
2. Two moderate intensity earthquakes hit Nepal, including the Kathmandu Valley.
According to the National Seismological Centre (NSC), a 4.6 magnitude quake was reported followed by another of a higher 4.7 magnitude.
The epicentre of the second earthquake was near Swanra in western Nepal, while the epicentre of first lied near Salu in central Nepal.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Kalinga Lancers defeated Dabang Mumbai 4-1 and clinch their maiden Hockey India League (HIL) title in Chandigarh.
Uttar Pradesh Wizards register a 5-4 win over Delhi Wave riders to claim the bronze medal.
2. Indian badminton player Saina Nehwal will represent the panel in the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
Saina would join the BWF Athletes’ Commission as a representative of the IOC AC.
3. Rio Olympian Thanackal Gopi and Monika Athare won the men’s and women’s titles respectively in the second edition of the IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon.
Gopi completed the race in 2 hours, 15 minutes and 37 seconds.
Monika Athare from Nashik completed the race in 2 hours 39 minutes and 08 seconds.
4. Second-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga won a second title by defeating fellow Frenchman Lucas Pouille in the Open 13 final.
He won by 6-4, 6-4 scores.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The 89th Oscars Awards 2017 are announced. Here is the list of some winners.
Best picture: Moonlight.
Best director: Damien Chazelle (La La Land).
Best actor: Casey Affleck (Manchester by the Sea).
Best actress: Emma Stone (La La Land).
Best song: City of Stars (La La Land).
2. Three poets from Maharashtra have been conferred with the Vishakha Awards during the occasion of Marathi Bhasha Gaurav Din.
The first prize of Rs 21,000 was given to Dr. Yogini Satarkar-Pande from Nanded for her book ‘Janivanche Hirve Komb’.
The second prize of Rs 15,000 was given to Mohan Kumbhar from Sindhudurg for his book ‘Jagnyache Gatha’.
The third prize of Rs 10,000 was given to Vishnu Thore of Nashik for his book ‘Dhulpera Usvata’.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Fifth Harmony star Normani Kordei has been named a global ambassador for the American Cancer Society.
The singer has partnered with charity bosses to raise awareness about breast cancer screenings and HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccines.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) will take control of Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) to create an integrated public sector oil entity.
The government of India will transfer its majority shareholding (of 51.11 percent in HPCL) to ONGC.
Science & Technology:
1. Mobile Congress 2017 has been started in Barcelona. The event launched various smartphones and many announcements were made during the event. Some of them are listed below.
Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 3310 (2017), Nokia 6 Arte Black phones launched.
Snake game launched for Facebook Messenger.
1. Revolutionary Freedom Fighter Chandrashekhar Azad martyrdom day is observed on 27th February 2017.
This was his 86th martyrdom day.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Hollywood actor Bill Paxton has died at the age of 61.
He is best known for his roles in blockbusters such as “Apollo 13″ and “Titanic,”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images