Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has approved nearly 1,600 crore rupees for Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) under skill development initiative ‘Himayat’ programme.
Under it, youths from both rural and urban areas of J&K would be imparted with training in various job-intensive vocational courses over the next three years.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has officially declared Brazil free of measles, after no case of the disease was registered in the year 2015.
The WHO had worked along with the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) to eradicate the disease.
2. The Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands has ruled against Antrix Corporation in the case with Devas Corporation over sharing of spectrum on satellites.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Two Indians, social activist Bezwada Wilson and musician TM Krishna, have won the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award 2016.
The other 6 awardees are:
Bezwada Wilson (India)
Thodur Madabusi Krishna (India)
Conchita Carpio Morales (Philippines)
Dompet Dhuafa (Indonesia)
Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers (Japan)
Vientiane Rescue (Laos)
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Flipkart’s unit Myntra, has acquired Jabong from Global Fashion Group to become India’s biggest fashion shopping destination.
This acquisition will strengthen Flipkart Group’s position in Fashion and Lifestyle segment to compete with Amazon Fashion in India.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named as the face and brand ambassador of the Craig McDermott International Cricket Academy (CMICA).
CMICA is a leading, state of the art private cricket and educational sports academy in Australia.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Centre has published the implementation notification of the 7th Pay Commission, stating that central government employees will get the revised pay from August.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Vodafone M-Pesa, a mobile phone-based money transfer service, has tied up with Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL).
The motive of the agreemto enable consumers pay their electricity bills instantly.
Science & Technology:
1. The Government of Karnataka has set-up a dedicated start-up cell for speeding up the implementation of the initiatives under its start-up policy.
This is the first time in India that a government has come up with a dedicated Start-up.
1. Kargil Vijay Diwas is observed on 26 July every year in honour of the Kargil War Heroes.
On this day, 26 July 1999, India successfully took command of the high outposts which had been lost to Pakistani intruders.
1. Arundhati Ghose, an eminent diplomat passed away at the age of 76.
She was India’s ambassador to the UN and played a decisive role in India’s negotiations on Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).
She had served in a number of positions including in Indian Missions in Austria, the Netherlands, Bangladesh, South Korea and Egypt.
She was also the first Indian Permanent Representative to the United Nations Offices in Geneva.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images