Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Assam Government rolled out ‘Atal-Amrit Abhiyan’, a health insurance scheme to provide coverage against several critical illnesses.
Atal-Amrit Abhiyan aims to make quality health care affordable to every individual member of a family in the state.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Char Dham highway development project or Chardham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojna in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
The Chardham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojna is an ambitious initiative to improve connectivity to the Char Dham pilgrimage centres in the Himalayas.
3. Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Sagarmala Development Company’s (SDC) office in New Delhi to promote port-led development in the country.
The Sagarmala Development Company has been incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013.
International – Across the Globe:
1. China’s top legislature has passed Environment Tax Law to levy environment tax on polluters, especially on heavy industries.
It will enter force on 1st January 2018.
The law aims to improve taxpayers’ environmental awareness, force companies to upgrade technology and shift to cleaner production
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Lt. Gen. Vinod Vashisht took over the reins of National Cadet Corps (NCC) as its Director General on 23rd December 2016.
He is a graduate from Defence Services Staff College.
2. Actor turned politician Mithun Chakraborty has resigned from Rajya Sabha citing poor health condition.
He has submitted his resignation to Rajya Sabha Chairman.
He was nominated to the upper house by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the TMC in February 2014.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank launched ‘Bank Sakhi’ scheme.
With the help of the scheme the cashless transactions will be promoted in rural areas and women will be employed in villages.
Science & Technology:
1. China has successfully tested the latest version of its fifth-generation stealth fighter jet J-31 (now renamed the FC-31 Gyrfalcon).
The newest version of twin-engine FC-31 took to the air for the first time recently.
It is considered as China’s answer to the US F-35, the world’s most technically advanced fighter.
2. Railway launched a new feature called Fog Alert in online portal and mobile app Rail Yatri to help train travelers plan their journeys better in the winter.
The feature allows users to check if a train is delayed due to fog
3. The Odisha Government recently decided to launch a new malaria control programme, DAMAN, in remote tribal-dominated areas.
The annual expenditure for the programme will be Rs 24 crore from the state budget.
1. Dinanath Bhargava, a co-artist in the team that sketched the national emblem ‘Lion Capital of Ashoka’ and decorated the pages of the Constitution’s manuscript, died at the age of 89 in Indore.
Bhargava was chosen by noted painter Nandlal Bose in the group for designing the pages of the Indian Constitution’s manuscript.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images